Fastening/drilling into 13' Scamp rear window interior frame? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Fastening/drilling into 13' Scamp rear window interior frame?

Hi all,
I'd like to mount a curtain rod/quilt hanger on the bottom of the back window frame in my Scamp to hang a small wool throw (blanket). The throw would hang from the bottom of the window frame down to the permanent back bed. The idea is it would be available to take off and use when it is cold sleeping, and serve as a wall hanging other times.

Can I drill into the inside window frame? Does that compromise the window or create leaks? Is there some other way to hang the throw? I am trying to avoid drilling through the fiberglass.

Thanks everyone!
RuthWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:36 PM   #2

Name: Candi
Trailer: scamp
Nebraska
You could try command brand velcro picture hanging strips on the rat-fur. I have several mesh type pockets that hold very securely onto the rat-fur lining inside my scamp. I'm not sure I can recommend a heavy hanger plus the weight of the blanket, but there are some car organizer type pockets that the blanket could fit into that would still be quite accessible and not as heavy as a quilt hanger.
Candiwoods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp