Faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #1

Name: Sue & Gene
Trailer: 1989 Scamper 16ft
Illinois
Registry
Faucet

Hey Happy Campers!
Question: The single handle faucet in our 1989 16ft Scamp starts dripping some when the electric pump is on-in addition to this, the outside direct water hook up fixture also starts dripping. Why is this happening? Faucet need replaced??
Help-I treasure every drop of fresh water we carry in this, hate to see it drip away!!
Also wanting some helpful tips on obtaining a REASONABLY priced awning for our 16footer--suggestions??
We have camped several times already this year, since the weather has been so nice and warm! Lovin every minute of it!
Thanks all!
Sue & Gene
Illinois
Susanm34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
You may need some new gaskets or O rings. They also make a pressure regulator that goes between your fresh water hook up and your hose.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #3

Name: Sue & Gene
Trailer: 1989 Scamper 16ft
Illinois
Registry
Thank you Greg for the info-my husband actually mentioned about seals etc-hoping he gets time this week to replace those and see if that fixes the prob!
Susanm34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
RE: Leaky Places...
I always connect a pressure regulator at the c/g's faucet, then I connect the hose to that. WalMart's RV section has them, less than $10.
If you are leaking water out of your city connection, the check valve at the input needs to be repaired/replaced. Most city water input connections have these built in. A male hose thread screw cap, that fits into the input fitting, again a WalMart item, is also an acceptable fix.
About the Faucet:
If by "single handle" you mean cold water only, I have a good one we just took out of our 2007 Scamp when we added hot water, you can have it for shipping $$$. Drop me a private note.
If it's a single handle hot/cold faucet:
IKEA has a very nice single handle kitchen faucet that I have used several times, less than $20. Here is a link:
LAGAN Single lever kitchen faucet - IKEA
I have also installed a number of IKEA Boholmen sinks in mini-RV's:
BOHOLMEN Single-bowl inset sink - IKEA
Good Luck

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote