Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft

Click image for larger version

Name:	cop4.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	2522

We are thinking about getting a Fiamma, Florida Screen Room. Do you have one? I have been in Geneís and was very impressed.

GoWesty no longer carries them, however they did say they would order one for me. They would not be able to give any aftermarket support though.

I have heard good and bad. Have you any experiance with the product?

Do you know of a good discount place to get a deal?

Thanks, for any help.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #2

Iím told A & E Awnings, which my Casita has, are made by Fiamma.

Name:   newpattyoroom.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  15.3 KB

Fiamma, Florida Screen Room

Old 04-27-2006, 05:32 PM   #3

Found another photo...

Click image for larger version

Name:	f_floridar4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	2524
Old 04-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #4

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Mike:- we have the original Florida Room which is somewhat basic with grey fabric that drops down over the screening. It works well and is well made. They quit selling those about a year ago.

Usually we use just 1 or 2 panels as wind breaks, but on occaision do put up the whole room. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes to put up the whole thing.

Last year we saw the European model in their Florida Showroom, very nice.... curtains and all.

If what they are selling now is the one in the first photo it appears that it is somewhere between the European model and the original Florida Room. It appears to have clear vinyl that can drop down over the screening and I think I can see a privacy screen that would pull across the openings. This makes for a much brighter protected area during the day if the weather is not so good!

Here is a link to their (I think) current catalogue of the Florida Room.If this is what they are selling now, they are great!! This looks similar to the European model I saw last year.

I got mine through Go Westy, much better pricing, Fiamma in Florida are great people to deal with if you have any issues, so I wouldn't worry about lack of after sale service from Go Westy, it was really a none-issue for me because of where we live.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 16 ft
Mike, We have had several Fiamma awnings and the quality is superior. We have looked at their florida rooms and they are high quality and very well thought out. The new one even looks better than the original. The drawback is that the rooms are spendy and there isn't really a way to get them at a big discount. The A&E Dometic as well as those supplied to Casita are indeed Fiamma manufactured. I had a Dometic awning and it was identical to the newest Fiamma we have on our Scamp. I think for the florida room to work the best you may need to have a Fiamma awning? I may be wrong about this.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #6

Thanks for the feed back.

I think I am going to hold off on getting one, but my brother is ordering one today.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #7

Name: Pat
Trailer: 1999 Scamp
Missouri
Would like info about your Scamp I Fiamma screen room

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
Mike, We have had several Fiamma awnings and the quality is superior. We have looked at their florida rooms and they are high quality and very well thought out. The new one even looks better than the original. The drawback is that the rooms are spendy and there isn't really a way to get them at a big discount. The A&E Dometic as well as those supplied to Casita are indeed Fiamma manufactured. I had a Dometic awning and it was identical to the newest Fiamma we have on our Scamp. I think for the florida room to work the best you may need to have a Fiamma awning? I may be wrong about this.
I just bought a 99 Scamp with original awning. I assume they were Dometic brand awnings? Anyway, I want a screen room for my 16 foot scamp and wanted to know after reading your post, if you bought a Fiamma screen room for Scamp and if so, how that's working? Do I need to buy a different awning to get a 2012 Fiamma screen room to work? Price is not a problem. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #8

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Wow Pat you dug up an old thread. Evan hasn't been around for a while (Last Activity: 06-11-2009 10:17 AM) and I know Mike started the topic when he owned a 17' Casita... which he sold several years back and bought the 25' Bigfoot. Hopefully someone can answer up for you though.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote