Finishing installing my new woodwork!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: gave up!!
California
When are you headed back to the bay area?

Old 09-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #30

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
When are you headed back to the bay area?
Briefly, then on to Vancouver BC for at least the winter. I'm a migrant pixel farmer.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #31

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
Briefly, then on to Vancouver BC for at least the winter. I'm a migrant pixel farmer.
I am trying to get out of this place, and I thought you were going to come back to it!!! Great call on the BC move... My godfather lived there for a long time, and has never gotten over wanting to move back...
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #32

British Columbia
Not a matter of choice, a matter of employment. If I could get a steady gig in the SF bay area that paid bay area type bills, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Jobs in my industry are leaving California in droves, the US as a whole as well.

But Vancouver is an exciting, beautiful plan B. And who knows I may immigrate. I have high hopes, but little expectation for the US to get it's s--t together before things get MUCH worse. But that's a whole other conversation and one best not had on here.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #33

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Really impressive workmanship! Looking forward to seeing more photos as the work continues. Are you planning on living in it in BC in the winter months?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #34

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie and Claude View Post
Really impressive workmanship! Looking forward to seeing more photos as the work continues. Are you planning on living in it in BC in the winter months?
It's about to get less photogenic, once its packed with all my stuff! I did get the curtains back up and the LED strip lights in a place, if just temporarily.

I do plan to live in it until the new year, then I'll decide if I can put up with living in my "pod" or if I want to spend the money on a pricey apartment. Being closer to downtown and the trains might be prefered. But living by the bay, the Capilano river and commuting through Stanley park sound pretty nice. I was pretty happy in it last winter. We shall see!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #35

Ontario
Registry
[QUOTE=dylanear;332793]...I do plan to live in it until the new year... /QUOTE]
Wish you luck. We took our 13' Boler from Ottawa to Texas last October and are heading to St. Augustine this October. With neither a furnace or AC it was at times a bit damp & chilly (on way down) and like a 'hot box' in Texas but it is a great little unit. This summer while in the Quebec City area I decided that being over 60, I no longer wanted to wander to the woodland campground facilities in the witching hours. Living in an apartment with limited carpentry skills we have sent it out to have the front sofa removed and a 2-person dinette installed with space for a chemical toilet under the bench nearest the door and an electrical panel installed. Microwave will move into the closet--it fits! Lord know where the small TV will be housed. Won't get it back til end of month...anxious...

In addition to looking forward to hearing how the rest of the renovations go, would be interested to hear how you make out in a 13' trailer in the cooler climate on a fulltime basis.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #36

British Columbia
[QUOTE=Bonnie and Claude;332867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
...I do plan to live in it until the new year... /QUOTE]
Wish you luck. We took our 13' Boler from Ottawa to Texas last October and are heading to St. Augustine this October. With neither a furnace or AC it was at times a bit damp & chilly (on way down) and like a 'hot box' in Texas but it is a great little unit. This summer while in the Quebec City area I decided that being over 60, I no longer wanted to wander to the woodland campground facilities in the witching hours. Living in an apartment with limited carpentry skills we have sent it out to have the front sofa removed and a 2-person dinette installed with space for a chemical toilet under the bench nearest the door and an electrical panel installed. Microwave will move into the closet--it fits! Lord know where the small TV will be housed. Won't get it back til end of month...anxious...

In addition to looking forward to hearing how the rest of the renovations go, would be interested to hear how you make out in a 13' trailer in the cooler climate on a fulltime basis.
Well, at this stage, I sorta wish I just sent it out to be done! Love to see how yours comes out.

I did full time in my scamp last winter. 7000 feet in the desert mountains of New Mexico. It got darn cold, lowest I saw was -7 F and inside temp was 78 F, exactly what the thermostat was set at. On AC power staying cozy was not a problem at all. I do hope I don't hit a heat wave on my travels this week, or I'll have to stop and complete my AC install at a truck stop!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #37

Ontario
Registry
Will post photos of the renovation when we get it back. Good luck with the weather on your trip.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #38

California
[QUOTE=dylanear;332675]Not a matter of choice, a matter of employment. If I could get a steady gig in the SF bay area that paid bay area type bills, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Exactly the same thing here...
Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #39

Name: Noel
Trailer: 1300 Boler -The Pine Cone
Ontario
Registry
Great work Dylan! Awesome workmanship. Keep the pics coming. Your an inspiration, that for sure. Best of luck in Canada while your here. Cheers.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #40

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear
For reference, this is how things started when I bought the Scamp. Those curtains and cushions will go back in. Well, not all those cushions, only room on one side now. All new curtains and upholstery will probably come at some point not too far down the road.
What did you do with your original seating and dinette? (or did they get trashed at the demo) I am converting my bottom bunk to a dinette like you started with!

Funny how we all tweak things differently. One mans trash is another mans treasure
Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #41

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
PS. AMAZING WORK! Lookin forward to hopefully seeing it next summer (or sooner). Sf decom oct 7th.

Now go enjoy it!!!