fishing pole storage ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
fishing pole storage ideas

Does anyone have clever way to carry & store fishing rods ?
I m looking for some ideas that i can use in a 13footer
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Many add a 2nd fence post/pipe on the outside for storing longer items.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Joy A. has a 13' Scamp. I always thought her solution was NEATO: Direct Link: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post293333
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
John,

Did you mention the length of your fishing poles?

A practical solution is a PVC pipe strapped to the bottom under the rear floor. In our case we have two plastic boxes on slides attached under the dinette area. You could do that with a PVC pipe of a diameter that meets your needs. pivoting it on one end and clamping it up at the other end.

Since you are concerned about theft, this solution is invisible to the world unless you get down on the ground. The sides of the trailer hang down below the floor. If you wanted you could even use a lock to hold the non pivoting end.

We have 5 under the Scamp boxes and no one has ever bothered them, actually we have never had any theft incident in 14 years. I think there are pictures under Modifications/Preparing a 1991 Scamp showing our under trailer storage..

While invisible to the world the access is easy.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #5

Name: Tom
Michigan
We took the reels off our 6 1/2' 2-piece rods, broke them down and stored them at the very front of our front overhead cabinet. That space is not very useful for much else anyway.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #6

Florida
Scamp Under Floor Storage

We have two four gallon plastic storage containers with covers under the raised rear floor of the Scamp. They are mounted on long draw slides. The slides are pivoted at the rear of the slides. When the box is released at the front the box drops down and slides forward.

We have had these for 2-3 years. One of those years we did over 100 tours of our trailer. During the entire period not a single person noticed their presence.

The first picture shows them from outside the trailer. The second picture shows them looking up. Their a lot of space in this area. We have 3 more smaller plastic boxes along the sides that are totally not visible unless you look from underneath. They are between the side of the trailer and the frame member.

It's obvious that a capped and pivoted PVC pipe could even be mounted to the right of these cabinets for pole storage.

Just another option... (the orange power cord goes to a pair of the trailer's outside outlets.
Attached Thumbnails
Storage Outside.jpg   Storage Bins.jpg  

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 08-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
fishing pole storage

Thanks for all of the great Ideas

On a side note Norm/Ginny where in New Hampshire do you call home ?
I've followed many of your post...you have done some great modifications

While my wife and I now live in So Calif....she was born in Rutland Vt (which is where we met) and lived in Rutland for 10yrs after we got married.

all or most of our family still lives in the new EDngland area...beautiful country
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #8

Florida
We live in southern NH, about 2 blocks from the ocean. It used to be our summer cottage. When the kids went off to cottage we moved here from Connecticut, a politically CA-like state.

We had long been close to NH. Ginny was born here, got engaged here, and spent parts of many summers here. It was one of our better decisions to move here, partially to escape a too busy experience in CT where at the time I had been involved in politics.

We like New England, and particularly NH. When it came time for retirement we considered retiring to either coastal Maine or coastal North Carolina. RVing came along and all changed.

In our travels we have 1,000s of place we could happily live and in a sense have gotten to live for short periods of time in many of them.

I almost took a job working for IBM in the Rutland area but......

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16