Well I got the front bench backrest and seat cushion done today and considering I don't have a lot of experience with a sewing machine, they look pretty good
My fingers are a bit pin pricked, I could have probably donated a pint of blood just from them!
So I took my beautiful new cushions over to the trailer and started to reinstall the backrest and low and behold what did the hubby find as he was squished in under the bunk screwing in the hinge.....
So out come the cushions in a hurry before they get wet and stained, out comes the plywood hole covers on the bench and with my head stuck in the hole staring at a large puddle forming a string of profanities escapes my mouth, &!^# &!^# &!^# !!!
I guess I should have known from the rusty streaks down the ensolite that there was a leak from where the previous owner had bolted the rock guard arm back on through the fiberglass and ensolite. But noooooooo... I had stuck my head in the sand and ignored it.
Cautiously, I peeked around the rest of the trailer and low and behold another LEAK!!! this time from the corner of the back window.
Le Sigh... Since this is the first wet weather we've had since buying the trailer, this is the first time I've been able to see the leakage.
Hubby swears these will be easy fixes... remove the olde rusty bolts, add silicone/caulk, screw in new bolts, add more silicone/caulk. I on the other hand want to pull back the ensolite a bit and check for mold... or stick my head in the sand again :/
So everything is on hold until the weather gets a bit nicer and we can fix the leaks
... at least the bright side is that I have a source for T moulding! yay!
Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV