Flooring - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #57
Trailer: 1996 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Forgot to say,

After gluing the plywood to the fiberglass floor underneath, we immediately placed heavy weights (bricks) all over the floor to get a good bond. This did make the floor more stiff, and provided a nice flat surface for the laminate flooring.

By going this route, the whole floor is raised about 1/2 inch. We could not use quarter-round for moulding because there was not enough space between the floor height and the bottom of the cabinet doors. Sooooo, we had to use a flat piece of mounding about a 1/4" high to hide the expansion gap.

TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #58
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
After I finish remodeling the inside of the beaten Burro ( molding additional Fiberglass cabinets above the front and rear windows )

and adding an out sit=de access door to the rear storage and glassing in the top.

I plan on buying the Sweedish Pine from Home Depot ( it seems to be as hard as oak ) then milling it down to 1/2" thick and making it tounge and groove.
Applying the long way and securing through the floor into the steel cross members. Plugging the holes with Walnut and lacqueering it.

Should look good with the doors I made last year.
the only problem I see using Sweedish Pine is I might hear ABBA singing in the middle of the night and have to look for a 12V mirror ball.

hopefully all done with the inside by our Lanesburro event

Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:10 AM   #59
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
the only problem I see using Sweedish Pine is I might hear ABBA singing in the middle of the night and have to look for a 12V mirror ball.
Jim I have a Lava Lamp you can borrow anytime you get to Oregon

The flooring sounds really nice...can't wait to see the pics of the finished product
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:15 AM   #60
Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape

You are adding new, home fabricated fiberglass cabinets over the front and rear windows? Wow, I got to see that! Please post pictures soon as you can, with info on how it was done.

RE Sweedish pine: You're sure doing a lot, there. Also look forward to seeing your finished floor. You're running it lengthwise because it means less cross-cutting?
Also, I am curious...when you say mill it down to 1/2 inch I take it you plan to run full thickness boards through your planer. Why do that if you can get thinner, finished, tongue and groove planks ready to install?

Myron Leski is offline   Reply With Quote