flooring - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I found this product at Home Depot last year and used it in a Bathroom.... it held up so well that I've now installed it in my Surfside. It's called Allure by Traffic Master and comes in 40"x6" strips with pre-glued tabs. very easy to install and cut/shape. one box did the job (just) at a cost $49. I guess I could have swept off my dirty footprints but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
newfloor.jpg  
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hey Scott, that's great to see. We were just looking at that flooring ourselves and decided on the Cherry finish.

I liked the fact that it was far lighter then laminate but you could still piece it together to make it easier to fit in the curved spaces of our Trillium. I will post some pics when we are doing ours.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I installed it in my 13 and was pleased with the result. Until someone actually got down and touchy feely on it.. everyone THOUGHT it was wood.

I have to level the hump in the middle of my 17 before I can put it down tho. One of my many *I should do's*
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1976 Surfside
Quote:
I found this product at Home Depot last year and used it in a Bathroom.... it held up so well that I've now installed it in my Surfside. It's called Allure by Traffic Master and comes in 40"x6" strips with pre-glued tabs. very easy to install and cut/shape. one box did the job (just) at a cost $49. I guess I could have swept off my dirty footprints but you get the idea.

Hey Scott. I was thinking of putting that stuff in my Surfside too but I wasn't sure if I would need to buy 1 or 2 boxes. I'm glad to hear 1 box worked for you. $49 for a great looking floor. You can't beat that.
Darren H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #5

At my local Home Depot they had one variant that was $22.95 on sale, so you could do your floor for even cheaper =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Question?

Our U-Haul had carpet in it when we brought it home last September. I knew I wanteda 'wood' floor look and began my search for what would work. I ended up with a 1 piece vinyl off the in-stock roll at our local Home Depot, as I liked it better than the one a Lowes. It's an Armstrong floating sheet vinyl and according to the information at H.D. wouldn't be a glue down product even if installed in a home so I thought 'why not'?

I measured my length, knowing the width was 12'. Got it home and used the old carpet as a template. Put down a sheet of OSB that I had in the garage, cut it out, and had it installed in less than 30minutes... The edges were a little rough in a couple spots, so I had to figure out how to make it look better. While at Lowe's one day, I found some vinyl tub surround (used between the tub and the wall tile to keep water from getting behind the tile) and now it looks 'finished' and the edges smooth and straight. Wipes up clean.

Just a thought. I don't recall what I paid for the vinyl sheet..but with an exacto knife and the carpet template, it was a breeze to cut and install.....my husband thinks I'm kinda handy...compliments get him out of having to do things...
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
nice idea with the tub surround tape. I looked at the vinyl but I could see the edges curling over time. the tub tape would keep them in place though. the floor I installed is floating as well. I thought I would have to use a bit of double sided tape in a few areas but it seems to be staying put for now. I'm almost ready for the big reveal.... just a few more items to take care of.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #8

We also have a glueless vinyl, I was very careful with the edges so it does not need any thing extra to look good.

I was a little worried when the temps got below -30C this winter, the edges curled like crazy, but as soon as it warmed up it all fell flat again. The vinyl is very thick and heavy, I was told that it won't curl up under normal temperatures.

Next winter I might roll up the floor and take it inside...only time will tell.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote