Flooring ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #1

Name: mensie
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Flooring ?

Earlier this spring I got me an 1977 Trillium 1300 it does need work as it sat in the field for a number of years. It has nasty carped on the floor what do most of you put on the floor? laminate , Lino I don't want carped something easy that can be swept out.
mensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
I pulled the carpet from my '99 Scamp and replaced it with the adhesive strip Allure from Home Depot. Has been in for a couple of years now with no problems. Michigan Winters, then down to Florida for part of winter Just make sure you allow it to "float" as it was designed.

The hardest part of the project was getting the carpet and glue off. The Allure must be placed on a smooth surface. Installing the Allure is quite simple once you do a few planks.

An added benefit of this project was that it allowed me to do a close inspection of the entire floor. I found small areas of "soft" wood from a prior water leak at the door. Prior to installing the Allure, I was able to replace a small section of the floor at the door, to make a proper repair. I now have total confidence that my floor is in great shape, and will not be a problem for many years to come. Replacing this section of floor would be simple for someone with good carpentry/building skills, for me it was a moderately daunting project, but doable by taking my time and thinking it through. Turned out well.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #3

Name: Rob
Trailer: 1975 Triple E Surfside
Alberta
Registry
I use good lino... and even though they say don't use contact cement.. I did. go wall to wall.. right under everything.. silicone the seams.. this keep all and any moisture out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180212_133519.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	126306
Old 11-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Endless threads on flooring, I put Shaw click vinyl flooring on my 1977 Trillium.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:57 PM   #5

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
The hard lesson I learned about installing wood flooring is it looks absolutely gorgeous, but in the boonies (or anywhere really), you risk tracking in grit, gravel, dirt and that scratches and scuffs it big time.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium