Flooring: Interlocking PVC Floor Tiles? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #1

Trailer: 1999 Burro 17 ft Widebody
Hi All,
I just "discovered" and ordered interlocking PVC floor tiles to replace the carpet in our Burro. This should not be confused with the interlocking PVC "grating" tiles that are commonly used in showers or on boats - these tiles have a solid non-slip surface on them. We were looking for something that is durable, that the dogs will not scar up, nor should they slip or slide on them. Furthermore, we wanted something that will not harbor mildew, and finally will be easy to install or take up if needed (no padding needed with this stuff). As a bonus we can replace sections if they get damaged.

It occured for me to ask after the fact...has anyone had any experience with these?

We ordered the 5/16" thick "Multi-Lock Interlocking PVC Tile" in Gray with a Slate texture. It worked out to be about $2.50 per square foot for this stuff - not too bad! Here's a link for the Multi-Lock Interlocking PVC Tile System...
http://www.cartwheelfactory.com/plas...ing.html#multi

We plan to take out the existing carpet in one piece, then lay it over the interlocked tiles and use the carpet as a cutting template. We'll share our experiences of installing (in April or May) and living with the tiles if folks are interested.

Steve
S Sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Good Choice.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
We'll share our experiences of installing (in April or May) and living with the tiles if folks are interested.

Steve
Very much so! I've not heard of this before, but it sounds like great option.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
gee. those are really nice..... wonder if Home Depot or Lowes carry those..??
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
Very nice, Steve. Several weeks ago I picked up a sales flyer at Lowes on these tiles. Anxious to hear about the results from you.

Christy, yes, Lowes has information on these. Not sure if they are stock or special order but they seemed reasonable.
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Looks promising - thanks, Steve, for sharing your find. I would be interested in hearing about how it works, especially at the doorway (where I assume there will be a ramp edging strip). We have sheet vinyl flooring in the Boler now, a solution which I like, but it's getting worn out (after only 25 years!).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote