Follow up on Fiamma wall bracket install on Scamp 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Scamp 13
Massachusetts
Follow up on Fiamma wall bracket install on Scamp 13

Well I decided to installed the wall brackets for my awning to-day. I thank Lee for his pictures as I chose the same area to mount the brackets. For those who are considering doing the same I have enclosed my finished project. Here also are the spec's on position:

I let the support arms hand straight down along side the camper, and measures approximately 6" towards the center of the camper, put a vertical pencil line mark.
Measured 21" down from the bottom of the horizontal band around the camper and mark a horizontal line. These were my top and inside marks for positioning the bracket.

One other thing that's important. As lee said it was tricky to keep the back plate that takes up the slack between the top sliding piece and the lower section in place when mounting the whole bracket. I used Gorilla Glue, the instant gel type, and put 5 tiny drops on the plate to hold it in place. I let it set for 24hrs. before installing. Just make sure you have the top sliding piece in place before you glue on the back plate and that the sliding plate is not glued in place.

I also have a short bungy cord to keep the door from moving.

Thanks again for all the help on this forum.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF6599.jpg   DSCF6600.jpg  

DSCF6601.jpg   DSCF6598.jpg  

Lockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #2

Massachusetts
Additional info

The walls of the Scamp are too thin to use the brackets as suggested by Fiamma. I took Lee's approach and encased the black plastic mounting device in Vinyl. I used 3 separate pieces of thin Vinyl to equal the thickness of the two post. So my female mounting device was flush with the Vinyl and flush with the inside wall of the Scamp.
I also did not drill the recommended size hole thru the fiberglass outer wall. I used a 3/16 bit to accommodate just the screw.
The closet one is the easiest to do the under seat and water storage area is a tight area to work.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF6606.jpg   DSCF6610.jpg  

Old 08-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
We had ours higher up, at the level of the bed shelf inside.
it would let you extend the awning out farther.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Massachusetts
Wayne,

It actually can be extended further that shown, I just took that pix right after I had installed the last bracket. Things may be different with your Parkliner.

Jack

Tags
scamp