Found Scamp 7" LED Tail light replacement - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Commercial Member
Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans

the Etrailer fixtures mentioned above are incandescent, and the LED options mentioned feature 31 diodes. also sells 7" bus lights, but with 61 diodes. $29.95.

Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #16
Name: Elly
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Bruce would you explain the four wires on the Scamp as opposed to the three lights on the Doran 7". Someone posted the green should be connected to the black on the light, red to red, and ground. We tried this and it didn't work. On the original light, the red and green went into the same lamp and the black to the other plus the white ground wire. Wish we could figure this out as we spent plenty on the lights and the shipping. Any help is appreciated.

EllyArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #17
Name: Heather
Trailer: Scamp
New Hampshire
Nlife.... I like how yours are recessed like that. My 77 had the 4in block lights, and you're right you couldn't see them... I put new auto stocks on that have a good illumination. I am debating on putting in a 3rd light higher up just below the window for stupid people...

noyes1630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #18
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Originally Posted by EllyArt View Post
Bruce would you explain the four wires on the Scamp as opposed to the three lights on the Doran 7"...
The wiring was a bit of a challenge to figure out because the wiring from the vehicle is one set of colors, the Scamp wiring is another set of colors and the light is different still.
I am attaching a photo of the wiring diagram with my pencil notes. I hope you can figure it out.
Left to right
Vehicle > Scamp > Tail Light
Green > Brown > Red on the Right light
Yellow > Red > Red on the Left light
Brown > Green > Black on both lights
White (ground) > Gray on the drawing > to the ground for the light.

I added a separate license plate light.

I am also planning to switch to 7-pin wiring on the vehicle some day so I also indicated the future wiring for the brakes and back-up lights.

I hope this helps. (image attached)
- Bruce
Attached Thumbnails

BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote