Functioning Weep Holes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #1

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Functioning Weep Holes

Conversations with CampyTime (Wendy) encouraged me to check my rear window weep holes. It's obvious that the weep holes in this window have never worked. They are effectively sealed by a plastic track in the bottom of the window frame.

I lifted the end of the plastic track a couple of inches with a flat bladed screw driver and clipped about an 1/8th of in inch wide piece off the weep side edge of the track for the distance of about an inch. I used a pair of wire cutters to do this. Pushing the track down I can now see light through the bottom of the track through the weep hole. Water flows easily. I did this on both ends.

After wetting this area for the flow test, I wiped it with a paper towel removing most of the accumulated dirt.

Thanks for the push Wendy.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
More functioning weep holes

I just spoke with Wendy and her bottom track has holes in it to allow water flow thru to the weep holes. Unfortunately they are not functioning. I can only assume dirt is trapped under her plastic strip with holes.

Ours works great now and I like that I can see thru the weep holes.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote