GA: Trillium 1300 DE-alteration - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-30-2013, 05:54 AM   #15

Name: Steve
Trailer: Trillium 4500, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Glenn you have a monogrammed trailer. Just sew a big G on all your belongings and you'll be fine LOL! All kidding aside it is a pretty cool little trailer!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #16

Name: Noreen
Trailer: 1981 4500 Trillium
Ontario
Registry
[QUOTE=Martins HeirCon;373427

I'm seeing references to "rat fur"...?? What is it? I wanted to just paint the overhead a lighter color, but Dad says it'd be deafening in a good rain.[/QUOTE]

Trilliums did not have 'rat fur' on walls and ceiling. They are covered with ensolite, originally a light creamy colour. I can't tell from your pictures if the ensolite on your Trill has been removed or painted.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #17

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
[QUOTE="lamimartin;373769"]Just three observations:

Thanks for your concern. I promise it will be better than ever when I'm finished.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #18

Georgia
Sorry, all. I'm using the Iphone app. And trying to figure out how to multi-quote.

Francesca: No, we don't know what year she is yet. Our state law only requires a bill of sale, and it's been registered with a state-assigned trailer VIN.

Noreen: thanks. My problem is that all of the ensolite has been removed and the fiberglass painted dark gray. I can see the original ensolite left inside the closet, I'm just wondering exactly what folks refer to when they say "rat fur". Is it like a car's headliner?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #19

Name: Noreen
Trailer: 1981 4500 Trillium
Ontario
Registry
I believe it is somewhat like a car headliner, but also a close-nap carpet. I've only seen it in a Casita. It insulates and provides some sound-proofing to the inside of the camper. Ensolite does the same, as well as provide a cleanable surface. Ensolite is still available. I think David Tilston can tell you where.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #20

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
No Casitas use a carpet-like material. Scamp has "Rat Fur" which is like a marine headliner material. It's soft, stretchy and doesn't grow mold. Scamp glues it over Reflectix a silvery bubble wrap material.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #21

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Like David, I don't think there is any cutting of the original frame rails / tongue tubes in the photos provided. There is an electrical cable across the left rail, looking a bit like a seam. It looks like the rack can be discarded without a lot of trouble, although Francesca's note about ensuring that reinforcements are in place is important... these frame tube bends were not well done, and seem to be the weak point in the original Trillium series.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #22

Georgia
Bye,bye Uga!

Funny, my wife logged on here and the first image across the top of the screen was this trailer, posted by a previous owner a few years back.

Funny how two different people can have such a different vision of the same equipment.
Attached Thumbnails
image-1962348653.jpg   image-2206620232.jpg  

image-4235467989.jpg   image-942847004.jpg  

image-2710989664.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #23

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martins HeirCon View Post
Francesca: No, we don't know what year she is yet. Our state law only requires a bill of sale, and it's been registered with a state-assigned trailer VIN.
Eyes popping here-
Where on the trailer is the below tag located? That's VERY unusual for a Trillium...and unless my eyes deceive me, there's a date-of-manufacture on it. Does that say "Feb. '75"???

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #24

Georgia
It's on the front of the trailer down low. The luggage rack monstrosity was hiding it. I also posted in the serial number thread, with a picture of location.

I wonder if this is in lieu of the RVIA medallion. That is missing from ours.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #25

Registry
The RVIA medallion is a mighty poor substitute, if that's how it was intended. The number on those is I think specific to the association...the tag has no information whatever related to the trailer, while the one you picture has everything one needs to know right down to weights and serial/vin number.

How do you read that "date of manufacture?

Francesca
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #26

Georgia
It does indeed say Feb. ? 75. I don't know if there was a day of the month in that blister. I'm just tickled to have the information!

I took pictures from all kinds of angles and that one was clearest.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #27

Registry
I think yours is the very first serial number that we can absolutely tie to a year of manufacture...I wonder what that number in the middle of the leaf means-?

Francesca
Old 03-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #28

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
The RVIA medallion is a mighty poor substitute, if that's how it was intended. The number on those is I think specific to the association...the tag has no information whatever related to the trailer, while the one you picture has everything one needs to know right down to weights and serial/vin number.
Right - RVIA and CSA tags specify the manufacturer, and in the case of CSA the standard which the product meets. This Trillium tag is for federal vehicle regulation purposes (Transport Canada in this case, because it was built in Canada), and provides specific information about the unit.

The motor vehicle equivalent for our tugs is a placard located on the driver's door edge or jamb, giving manufacture date, GAWR (front and rear), and GVWR. On trailers, it is now usually low on the street side, on the body or tongue. In motorhomes, it is usually a sticker provided by the chassis manufacturer, and stuck on the side wall of the interior near the driver's seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
How do you read that "date of manufacture?
The labels are printed in black; the data for this trailer is stamped into the metal, so it is much harder to read.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote