Goal Zero, power anywhere - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Goal Zero, power anywhere

I just got back from Costco, there was a salesman there selling products from Goal Zero. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with any of their products. Check out their website. Goal Zero Portable Solar Generators | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee They did not have their complete line there but the products they did have were selling for about 40% off of their web prices.

The package deal he had contained a Bolder 15W collector, about 1/3 the size of the HF 15W collector. Escape 150 power pack and a light-a-life LED 3W light. The salesman also threw in an additional light and charging adapter loom to adapt to most any cell phone for charging. The package was $249.00 and each device contained it own cords, most of which were 9 ft long.

The package appeared to be good for lighting and gadget charging for tent camping or FG trailers if you wanted to travel light and not deal with a lead acid battery. The power pack was fairly light and could be charged by the solar collector or 115VAC.

Any comments?
Thanks
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #2

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Just cuz I'm not a techie, but am willing to learn, I would love to see someone who had this set-up for trailer camping to see how you would power the stuff inside.

Mrs. 2yax.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:10 PM   #3

Name: Teri
Trailer: Casita looking for, currently have a RoadTrek
California
Registry
This looks very interesting. Might be a little pricey. I have an emergency power pack that I have used camping. It isn't solar and not really designed for regular use. I like the idea of solar power to recharge. More research is needed.
teri85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
For about $152.00 you can buy a Ramsond 50W solar panel on ebay delivery included. The panel has a 25 year warranty.
For another $25.00 you can buy a Ramsond controller.
I've had this set up on my trailer for over a year and it supplys all my electrical needs including the furnace all night when it's cold.
I have changed all of the interior lights and the porch light to LEDS.
It even fully charged my battery at Yellowstone last fall in the campground with tall trees. I only had filtered sun.
The panel only weighs about 8 lbs. so if you don't mount it on your trailer it's still easy to handle.
I'm a Costco junky and this is better than anything I've seen there.
My first solar panels were from Harbor Freight. I used them one time and sold them at a considerable loss at a yard sale. They were to heavy, bulky and took to long to set up.
For $249.00 you could get an 80W Ramsond panel and controller.
Good luck,
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #5

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
Here is a link to a discussion about Goal Zero by folks using them:

Goal Zero Ranger 350 Kit

Hope it's helpful
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote