Got the 19" TV Mounted and closet sorted out - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Got the 19" TV Mounted and closet sorted out

Recent additions

Mounted the TV - found the holder here: PDR Under-Cabinet Mount with Quick Bayonet Release for TVs up to 20 Inches UCMM50

The mount just clips off from the overhead bin to take down - don't have to remove the TV from the holder. Just put it down on the bed while traveling. When the TV is down you don't see a big empty holder just a small plate attached to the underside of the upper cab and I stuff the wires back into the cab. I installed round hole covers that you use in office desks to tidy up the holes I drilled for the cables and wires.

Also after 3 years of wanting I finally got around to cutting a hole into the bottom half of the closest and put in a door and shelves. No more big messy pit. Used the wire racks so I can move them up or down as needed. Used bolts and nuts to attach the rails that hold the shelves to the sides and put caps over them so they look like they were always there. Glad I made the shelves movable as I have already changed my mind a couple of times as to best placement for the items I want to store on them. It was easy to do and would do it again in a flash - the hardest part for me was cutting the wire shelves to length as I did not have the right tool to cut them with at the start.

Thanks to the Oregon meet as that is where I got the door and hardware to match and the courage to cut the hole!

Carol
Attached Thumbnails
TV small.JPG   TV Mount small.JPG  

lower closest door small.jpg   lower closet open small.JPG  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
It looks good Carol. I would like to remove the furnace in mine but I'm not sure how to cap off the propane. Want to come over and give me ideas?
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
It looks good Carol. I would like to remove the furnace in mine but I'm not sure how to cap off the propane. Want to come over and give me ideas?
I thought you were working at the rally on the week-end to find us a handyman to share! LOL Better you bring it to the North Shore as I have a big driveway to work on it. Better still if you come to the meet at Langley this week end we can pre plan the attach over a drink. :-)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Really nice job! My furnace is in the way, too
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I thought you were working at the rally on the week-end to find us a handyman to share! LOL Better you bring it to the North Shore as I have a big driveway to work on it. Better still if you come to the meet at Langley this week end we can pre plan the attach over a drink. :-)
Believe me...I was looking at the rally but all the good cabinet makers were already taken. What day are you going to Langley and do you know if there is still room there?
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #6

Registry
Heading out on Friday - Not sure re room but suspect there is - Call the Fort and tell them you want some place near me.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #7

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Nice setup on the tv, I used a wall mount with a similar quick release.

This is the one I used for my 22"
Sam's Club-Level Mount Full Motion Mount for 10" - 30" TVs
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
Nice setup on the tv, I used a wall mount with a similar quick release.

This is the one I used for my 22"
Sam's Club-Level Mount Full Motion Mount for 10" - 30" TVs

Thanks. I looked at one like yours as the prices were right but decided it was worth paying a bit more if it meant not drilling another hole through the trailer to the outside and creating one more possible place to leak in the future.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #9

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I hear you loud and clear, I haven't put any extra holes in mine yet and don't want to start, fortunatley I chose a spot on the inside cabinet so no holes to the outside. I like the shelves, I need someting like that under my sink, I have a ton of wasted space under there.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz77 View Post
I hear you loud and clear, I haven't put any extra holes in mine yet and don't want to start, fortunatley I chose a spot on the inside cabinet so no holes to the outside. I like the shelves, I need someting like that under my sink, I have a ton of wasted space under there.
Thats the downside to the Scamp in that there really is not many places to put a tv bigger than 12" other than at the back of the trailer and on the back corner and attach to the outside wall or under the cabinet.

The shelves were actually easy to do - don't know why I waited so long to do it - go for it.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #11

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Carol H:

Great idea for the closet. TV no. Finding campgrounds to bootleg internet is as far as we go.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #12

Registry
Hear you Cyndi - a TV was the last thing I wanted a few years ago. But this one came to me cheap and its to small for the house so I decided that watching chick flicks on a big screen in the trailer on a rainy night was better than watching on the laptop.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Carol,

Your mods look great and professional! Only the first cut in the fiberglass is hard

-Isaac
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #14

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Hey Carol, nice TV mount. I was wonder what you use for a TV source, and how easy it is to use.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #15

Registry
Cam, I ran cable down behind the rat fur from the inside cable/12 volt connection box to the outside and installed an outside jack to use when camp ground offers cable connection. I used push on connections on the ends of the cable so very easy to attach it to the TV. Only 3 wires need to connect to the TV - all push on - Cable, power and HDMI which goes to the DVD player in the overhead bin.

The trailer already had a antenna/cable connection on the roof which came with the trailer. The antenna was taken off originally as I was never going to have a tv :-) Now looking around for a newer/better antenna to use up there. If and when I actually connect something up there it will be pretty easy to swich over to it as there is a switch on my inside cable/12 volt connection box to change it from cable to antenna connection. The antenna is not high on my list of things to do as I mainly wanted the TV for movies and not have to try and find a safe place for the laptop to sit and keep moving it around if more than one person is watching it.