Hanging storage - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1972
I'm not sure if this solution has been preented before. It is a hanging sweater storge unit. Fits perfectly in the tall Trillium cabinet. No alterations required. Best part was that I found it at the second hand store. Great place for "vintage" parts.

Cheers

PS: I hope I did the attachment correct.

Click image for larger version

Name:	storage.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	7530

Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
WOW, what a nice fit.

I just bought (and installed) a 'system' from Canadian Tire which has the availability to be added onto. I think its better suited for a residential clothes closet but seems to fit well in the Trilliums closet. The shelves are adjustible too and the feet (expandable) press down ward onto the closet floor

Old 04-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #3

Trailer: '77 Triple E Surfside
Quote:
WOW, what a nice fit.

I just bought (and installed) a 'system' from Canadian Tire which has the availability to be added onto. I think its better suited for a residential clothes closet but seems to fit well in the Trilliums closet. The shelves are adjustible too and the feet (expandable) press down ward onto the closet floor
Hi Doug,
Did you buy some piececes from the Extend-It closet system at Cdn. Tire ? I was looking at that just yesterday.
Wondering how it might fit.

When you do the install - could you post pics ?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4

Registry
Since I'm in the midst of splashing paint all over the place in there (pictures pending), I have 'loosely' hung the unit in place. It looks good.
The unit consists of a pair of legs with adjustable feet. Each leg is in 3 pieces. Because of the shorter height in the trailer closet, I needed only 2 pieces per leg and even at that I had to cut 1 and 3/4 inch off the lower part of the leg to get it to fit in the closet!

I had also purchased one of the 'under the shelf' pull out drawers but had to return it cause it was too wide to work through the closet door opening. The shelves because they are made of rod shaped material, can also double as a drying rack for dish towels, etc. I have only purchased 2 shelves (they are fully adjustable width wise AND side to side ....for levelness(?)) and a pair of (sold in boxes of 2) hangers. They can be used to hang a variety of things AND they come in 3 different configurations including a tie rack (remember these things are designed for a household) LOL!!

The shelving unit I had in its place consisted of a couple of painted scrap pieces of plywood, just setting in there, nothing solidly constructed.

I'll try and post some pix a little later this week(end).

A l'il HEADS UP:
These units are on sale this week so better go back n scoop some up while on sale, you can always return them after IF you decide you don't like'em, LOL
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Since I'm in the midst of splashing paint all over the place in there (pictures pending), I have 'loosely' hung the unit in place. It looks good.
The unit consists of a pair of legs with adjustable feet. Each leg is in 3 pieces. Because of the shorter height in the trailer closet, I needed only 2 pieces per leg and even at that I had to cut 1 and 3/4 inch off the lower part of the leg to get it to fit in the closet!

I had also purchased one of the 'under the shelf' pull out drawers but had to return it cause it was too wide to work through the closet door opening. The shelves because they are made of rod shaped material, can also double as a drying rack for dish towels, etc. I have only purchased 2 shelves (they are fully adjustable width wise AND side to side ....for levelness(?)) and a pair of (sold in boxes of 2) hangers. They can be used to hang a variety of things AND they come in 3 different configurations including a tie rack (remember these things are designed for a household) LOL!!

The shelving unit I had in its place consisted of a couple of painted scrap pieces of plywood, just setting in there, nothing solidly constructed.

I'll try and post some pix a little later this week(end).

A l'il HEADS UP:
These units are on sale this week so better go back n scoop some up while on sale, you can always return them after IF you decide you don't like'em, LOL
Great info - Thanks - Pics when done would be super.
I've measured my closet on my SurfSide to have a depth of about 17 inches - and width to be about 16 1/2 wide. Both of those measurements are a bit on the small side as I wanted to make sure I had some room to work with. I too saw the sliding drawer and that's what has my wife intrigued. Our closet has a closet bar or rod across the top so I think I could simply attched the vertical poles to that and go from there. hmm?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:26 PM   #6

Registry
Yes the unit attaches simply with a spring type clamp to the inside rod. The two legs (one on either side and each in 3 pieces) have expandable feet on the bottom to be screwed down to help stabalize the rack. The soles of the feet have a sticky pad (if you want/need it) to further anchor the unit. Its grey in color, lucky for us, it mstches our decor!!!

The Trilliums closet, I think, is smaller than yours and in ours the closet door is larger than the actual opening in the f'glass for the closet. This is the measurement (width of the opening) you should go by IF you decide to go this way.

IF the drawer won't open inside the closet, it becomes useless.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Yes the unit attaches simply with a spring type clamp to the inside rod. The two legs (one on either side and each in 3 pieces) have expandable feet on the bottom to be screwed down to help stabalize the rack. The soles of the feet have a sticky pad (if you want/need it) to further anchor the unit. Its grey in color, lucky for us, it mstches our decor!!!

The Trilliums closet, I think, is smaller than yours and in ours the closet door is larger than the actual opening in the f'glass for the closet. This is the measurement (width of the opening) you should go by IF you decide to go this way.

IF the drawer won't open inside the closet, it becomes useless.
Hi Doug,
Any chance you were able to do your install of your Canadian Tire closet organizer and post pics ?

How do you like it ?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM   #8

Registry

Name:	Shelving_in_the_dark.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7738
[attachment=9644:attachm
ent]Here's a little tease, LOL I don't know how to post too many at a time so I may have to do multiple posts.... There's even a shot of my new led lights installed under the cabinet with first coat of white paint on the backsplach!!!

Name:	Evening_glow.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	7739
Attached Thumbnails
New_shelving.jpg   Lower_part_shelves.jpg  

Shelving_feet.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #9

[quote]
Attachment 7738
[attachment=9644:attachm
ent]Here's a little tease, LOL I don't know how to post too many at a time so I may have to do multiple posts.... There's even a shot of my new led lights installed under the cabinet with first coat of white paint on the backsplach!!!
Attachment 7739

GREAT Pics - Thank you so much! I like that closet idea and the LED lights - fancy !
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #10

Registry
<span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%">10Q !</span>