Has anyone tried spray on bedliner inside? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #15

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Yes, I was confused by that too (how bedliner inside would protect against rock chips), and I asked about it in a prior post (I may have been typing it while you were posting, as it's just above yours).

Since the title of the thread says "inside," and the poster talked about gutting the shell, removing the Ensolite, and spraying it inside, I had to take it as inside.

Perhaps Gumpit will come back and clarify.

Raya

Old 11-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #16

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
It will certainly add weight and of course unless you add the bubble wrap insulation over it, you will wind up with absolutely no insulation at all. That will mean a hotter egg in the summer and a frozen one in the winter.

If it was just to make the inside look better and not adding the insulation, I would just use a paint.

I could see doing the outside even though it will add weight. With the colors available and their ability to limit the thickness it could be a very cool look.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #17

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
O.K. Referring to the rivet holes. I am certain I have a leak caused by a rivet that has come seperated from the band and over time has become loose in the hole to the point water gets in. Some how some way. When I put the hose to it.It gets in.Simple enough there. It leaks and I want to seal it.I will take off the belly band and epoxy the seam and sand flat and apply the automotive trim for appearance. As far as the road chips go. It is a little swiss cheese looking in the front. It also looks like on one of the corners that the previous owner jack knifed in reverse and hit the corner with the tow vehicle.Not bad but looks like a possible leak source. I do not know if anyone has actually seen this spray on liner in person but it looks like you could put a hole from the outside and got to the the liner it would never leak. Like a shell within a shell. The factory flaws I spoke about was from a previous post I had read. Someone said it looked like there were 2 drill holes that went through the shell and were only sealed by the fiberglass they applied to hold the top and bottom shell together. Causing the camper to leak by factory flaw.
"I don't believe that any internal bedliner type coating, no matter how wonderful, would seal either the belly band or any other leaks. Or am I misunderstanding something?"
If you saw this bedliner you may reconsider that statement. But that is just what i think of the product.
The butyl tape compared to the caulking was based on my camper. I will try to get pictures. Then you would understand. The person must have had gallons of caulking. And you can tell it was different layers. You would think if it didn't work the first time they would have found the right product to use instead of adding more. Or at least taken off the old before adding more. Finding leaks after fixing a leak and putting everything back together is what I am trying to avoid. I was just "throwing it out there" as a question. I think "CAPWORLD" may install the stuff. I suggest you may want to look at it to understand why I thought it may be an option when I saw it. I will try and stop by when I get a chance to ask about the safety of it as used on the inside of a camper. Can't hurt to ask. Usually...
Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #18

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Gumpit,

I'm fairly familiar with fiberglass and caulk, and I also think I understand the bedliner product, but thank you for offering to help.

On the belly band rivets, it sounds like you may have the not-uncommon Trillium problem of one or more of the encapsulated mild steel backing plates rusting and swelling; and/or perhaps a PO tried to make a repair and put a rivet hole through the shell. I have seen where that happened. I believe if the factory had done that it would have been sealed when they glassed the halves together, but I suppose anything is possible.

Good luck in your projects,
Raya
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #19

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
That's how I read it too, but how do you get "road chips" on the inside of the camper? An outside "road chip" in the fiberglass would have to be pretty serious to cause a leak! That's the source of my confusion.
Mysterious leaks in Trillium 1300...maybe solved This is where I was worried about the road chips...
And here is where the "Factory holes" worried me... http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/interesting-leak-36798.html
Old 04-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #20

Name: rick
Trailer: travelcraft
Ohio
1986 travel craft

Could I spray rhino paint on a fiberglass shell of a 1986 travel craft 21 ft the entire thing top and side
Old 04-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #21

Name: Barb
Trailer: Trillium Outback 2004
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by putter View Post
Could I spray rhino paint on a fiberglass shell of a 1986 travel craft 21 ft the entire thing top and side
Inside or out? Or both?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:27 PM   #22

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
when I had the bed of my Ranger done by Rhino Liner. I asked if the entire outside of a truck could be sprayed. The manager had a truck that was Rhino-lined all over. It does add lot of weight to the vehicle if the thickness is sufficient to add protection..
Old 04-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #23

Name: rick
Trailer: travelcraft
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbinBC View Post
Inside or out? Or both?
out side