Hehr window seals - current suppliers? Or anybody have extra for sale?! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler American
Registry
Hehr window seals - current suppliers? Or anybody have extra for sale?!

I've read the various threads on replacement seals for the square Hehr jalousies (rear, over dinette) - but can't find a current supply of one seal.

--- The black plastic rigid screw cover that goes at the top/sides is no longer supplied by Pelland. Any luck elswhere?

--- The grey header seal has me stumped. Several reference using this:

Name:   hehr_seal.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  6.1 KB

But my window looks like this (see the grey torn seal at the top of the pane) - and the curve of the referenced seal, would go away from the window - not into it. Unless I'm seeing it wrong?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7522.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	48325

Thoughts or help? THANKS!
LukeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #2

Name: S&G
Trailer: 1977 Boler
British Columbia
LukeP

The seal you want is this one Jalousie Header Seal

I just replaced/installed it on both my Jalousie windows yesterday.

And like you...... I'm now trying to find some replacement screw cover trim.

G
Sue and Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #3

Name: Ron
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft (green grape)
Ontario
Know what you mean, I did find the cream coloured screw covers. I purchased what I thought I needed but needed another 5 ft....BUt no longer availible. I did manage to find 10 ft in a roll at other RV shop in the back (dusty) room.

Ron
RRJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #4

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1973 Bugeyed Boler
British Columbia
Registry
I replaced my black screw cover with a new one from here.
R V Camper & Trailer Clinic Ltd
5670 Production Way, Langley, BC
V3A 4N4 604-530-0911
It was cheap and fit perfectly. Sold by the foot. This should be available everywhere
rhkirkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Here is another source for various window seals

Interstate RV Metal & Supply

Good luck in your search!

Spanke
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #6

Name: S&G
Trailer: 1977 Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhkirkham View Post
I replaced my black screw cover with a new one from here.
R V Camper & Trailer Clinic Ltd
5670 Production Way, Langley, BC
V3A 4N4 604-530-0911
It was cheap and fit perfectly. Sold by the foot. This should be available everywhere
Thanks! I'll check them out.
Sue and Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Another good place to get hard to find window gaskets is Vintage Trailer Supply - parts and supplies for vintage travel trailers and campers! Hope this helps!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #8

Registry
Another source!

Thanks all! I have found an additional source that actually has 3 seals we need for these old jalousies, and these include the rigid black screw cover... I spoke with Maria at All-Rite who confirmed the Hehr 4900 Bottom Vent seal, Hehr 4900 Top Vent seal, and Hehr screw cover --- should all work. Advanced Search Result - RV Parts, RV Parts Manufacturer ,RV Accessories, RV Windows and Custom RV Parts @ All-Rite

One more question tho - is the grey seal around the pane in my window - just the glazing channel (Pelland does still have this: 1/8" Glass Glazing Channel H210-490) that is coming up outside of the Aluminum frame? Or would this seal even show?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0739 - email.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	48338
Old 06-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #9

British Columbia
Registry
Is the Hehr 4900 top vent seal the replacement for the seal at the bottom of each glass frame. I have been looking for the seal (7/16" long - gray in colour) and cannot find anywhere. I went to the link and looked at the profile. It looked similar, but there are no dimensions. It could be two feet long.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #10

British Columbia
Registry
I found the picture that I took when I tried to get this window seal previously. Has anyone found this seal. This is on all early Bolers (72 through 75) made in Peace River Alberta
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0638.jpg  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #11

Registry
Are yours Hehrs? I looked at my windows last night - they don't have a seal or a place for one, like yours do. I have a 72 Boler American from Wichita, KS - so obviously different plant - tho I'd guess Hehr windows in the same year would be similiar. So I wonder if I don't have Hehrs, or if you don't?

Quote:
I found the picture that I took when I tried to get this window seal previously. Has anyone found this seal. This is on all early Bolers (72 through 75) made in Peace River Alberta
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #12

British Columbia
Registry
Yes mine are Hehrs. They have a sticker on them. As I said all of my Boler friends here in Vancouver have the same windows, from the same plant in Northern Alberta
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #13

Trailer: 1977 Surfside
Registry
Have you tried Pelland Enterprises? They have a lot of parts for Hehr windows.
theresa shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa shaw View Post
Have you tried Pelland Enterprises? They have a lot of parts for Hehr windows.
Both Pelland and Interstate said they no longer carry seals that work specifically in square windows - and I've found old images online from their sites, that aren't in stock any longer. Pelland does have the seal (link earlier in the thread) that fits against the panes as well as channel glazing- but not the outside trims needed. Also, Vintage Trailer Supply does have the upper header seal as others have mentioned, but not the square trim. All-Rite is the only place I've found that says they carry trim for square Hehrs (except the glazing).
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #15

British Columbia
Registry
I have tried all of the above sites and cannot find this specific seal. I have replaced the upper seal (overlap flap), and the black screw covers and the glass seal in the door window, but no luck with these. There must be lots of interest in these seals because there are lots of Peace River Bolers by Glassfab Industries. Hundreds or more. Most Bolers in British Columbia and Alberta come for there.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #16

Registry
Quote:
@Rick, I saw a seal today that made me re-look at your picture. To clarify - does the seal come out of the channel and up and cover the entire bottom of the aluminum frame (which would be straight 'up' in your picture)... or does it come out of the channel and then stop flush with bottom of the alum frame? I just can't make out if it continues or not viewing on the screen...
Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #17

British Columbia
Registry
My seal slides into a very small channel, with a tee shape like other seals, then turns 90 degrees down.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #18

Name: Matt and Lindsey
Trailer: 1972 Boler 1300
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhkirkham
We are missing this seal too...I didn't even know that we were (I suspected we were missing something there since there is currently metal directly on glass), until I seen the picture & checked our Boler (Peace River, '72)... Did you happen to find a source for this seal?
bomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Exclamation Another source to try

My Hehrs are the 4900 series ( your number will be on the window frame, mine was on the bottom under the torque roller). This company has just about every rubber gasket you could want, GREAT info, match charts etc, AND has screw cover strips!!
VINTAGETRAILERGASKETS.COM

My current issue: how to get the old top seal out so I can get the new one in. Has to do with a factory crimp needing to be removed w/ a Dremel. I have a message in to them, will post any reply i receive
susan b. davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #20

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
If you want the screw cover in a different color other than black go here:

https://www.all-rite.com/hehr-screw-cover.html
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote