Help needed - Boler window repair - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Help needed - Boler window repair

Hey guys, I am trying to find a replacement hinge for my crank/tilt out windows...I believe this is a jalousie type window or is that a window brand?

I tried vintagetrailersupply.com but their philips hinges measurements don't match up to mine...

I thought Ian G. might see this and chime in...

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good diagram of these type windows showing the types of seals and/or weather stripping used for the various parts of these windows?

Thanks, John
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150501_162622_677.jpg  

Old 05-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #2

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
Hey guys, I am trying to find a replacement hinge for my crank/tilt out windows...I believe this is a jalousie type window or is that a window brand?

I tried vintagetrailersupply.com but their philips hinges measurements don't match up to mine...

I thought Ian G. might see this and chime in...

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good diagram of these type windows showing the types of seals and/or weather stripping used for the various parts of these windows?

Thanks, John
Hi: Johnny M... Ace hardware in FT. Myers Beach Fla. seemed to carry a lot of parts for those windows. Any location near a mobile home park might have them. Take in your old part to get the proper size/shape hinge.
Failing Ace there are some RV Dealers that have a good assortment of old style windows.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Old 05-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Just wanted to update my post I started just in case anyone else has the same issue with their 71 Boler or similar model. After I spoke with a very helpful engineer at Hehr and sending them the above picture an associate of his was able to identify this as one of their windows from the early 70's. He stated they kept a few of these on hand just for instances like mine where someone was doing a restoration project but said they no longer make them so when they run out they are gone...they shipped me a pair for $5 plus freight...very helpful people their at Hehr, I give them 5 stars!

Tags
boler