Holes you don't want - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #15
Name: Joe
Trailer: 1973 13' Boler
Try a wrecking yard that has old boats. Lots of good size pieces of fg to be had there.

Keaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #16
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
The 1986 16' Scamp I bought had the original reefer removed and replaced with a dorm fridge.
I replaced that with a Norcold 12/120 marine refrigerator. The power supply converts the 12 volt DC to 18 volt AC for the swing compressor and a part of the circuitry has a relay to switch the 12 volts to the oscillator. I used this to power a small 12 volt computer style fan mounted below the rear coils to improve the cooling.
The original cutouts for the fridge I filled in with fiberglass removed from the Scamp bulkheads I no longer used.
The fridge is built into the space by the door to the rear about 2 ft wide. The sides are plywood bulkheads to reinforce the shell on the street side.
Since the refrigerator needed to be higher for better access this left room for added venting from the bottom.
the top is vented behind the microwave on top.
On my trailer every space provided through the shell leaked and the floor was rotted in these areas.
When I removed the belly band I also found that there were a few unsealed holes found.
The water heater access was filled in as well and was replaced with a tankless unit on the tongue.
My goal with my camper is to have it sealed and water tight and critter and bug free.
There is currently no propane inside the camper and the A/C is a split unit with no place for water or bugs it get inside.
I just hope it works as I envision it.

redbarron55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #17
Name: Steve
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
Update to thread

A lot of life has happened since this thread was begun.
This is what happened when I made up my mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Driver Side.jpg   Rear.jpg  

BobDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #18
Name: Steve
Trailer: Uhaul CT13

I think this is a much cleaner look.
Rear window was damaged. Filling in the hole was cheaper than trying to repair and seal. Much stronger shell.
Thinking of using round LED Stop/Turn/Reverse lights.

I will be selling parts, I am not sure how to list them.
Attached Thumbnails
Passanger Rear.jpg  

BobDog is offline   Reply With Quote