Hub caps - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
I just got back from my local camper dudes place. They sell Yamaha golf carts and when they put fancy wheels on them, they throw the stock hub caps away. I got mine free and they fit well on my Uhaul wheel.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC_684S.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	24274
Judith Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13 ('Pearl')
Cool! Snag us all a set!

Pat B Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Are those new UHaul rims or the originals? We have a set of the original UHaul hubcaps, but they do not fit the new rims we got a couple of years ago at UHaul. Those look really nice! It would be nice to have a set of hubcaps. We use chrome lugnuts to make it look sharper, but I think hubcaps look more classy.

CindyL
Old 10-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul
Quote:
Are those new UHaul rims or the originals? We have a set of the original UHaul hubcaps, but they do not fit the new rims we got a couple of years ago at UHaul. Those look really nice! It would be nice to have a set of hubcaps. We use chrome lugnuts to make it look sharper, but I think hubcaps look more classy.

CindyL
Yes they are Gen-u-wine Uhaul wheels. Want to get rid of the caps yopu got?
Judith Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #5

Registry
Nope. We will find something to use them for. We are considering something that decorates our campground.
I wonder if someone could remake these to fit.

Keep checking ebay. That is where I got these. I have only seen one set of them (this one), but I have seen a couple of singles listed that could have been put together.

Baby moons fit and can be ordered new. The Burro ones we have fit our old rims. I wonder if a person could stamp UHaul in them. That is all that was done to the original ones. UHaul threw them away during the rental season, to encourage renters to check for loose lugnuts.

Cindy
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
theyre stamped "uhaul" before chroming....they'll crack the chrome if you try now.........Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
If I understand it correctly, the new (but still official U-haul) rims do not have the three little nubbins that hold the hubcaps on, so that's why Cindy was asking if your (golf cart) hubcaps would fit onto the newer, nubbinless, rims.

On the U-haul I just sold, the rims did have three nubbins for hub caps.

Cindy, if I misinterpreted your question, please correct me.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #8

Registry
No, I think you interpreted it correctly, Raya. The old rims would have fit the UHaul hubcaps that we have, but the new rims that are on the trailer do not fit the hubcaps. I can't speak for the nubbins; I only know that the hubby says that they do not fit.

The old rims had to be replaced. The hubby had a flat tire in a bad spot and had to drive on those rims farther than he thought he should have to get to a safe spot for dealing with the flat. Then, when he went to change the tire, the spare had a different rim that did not fit well. He was able to limp home, but we were able to replace those rims with new ones from our nice UHaul dealer (not all are nice), so the good but old one went on the spare. So the rims on the wheels are fairly new but do not fit the original UHaul baby moons.

Cindy
Old 10-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #9

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Nice find Bud.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #10

Trailer: 85 U-Haul 13 ft
Registry
I was wondering if those golf cart hub caps were 8" or 10" that fit on the uhaul rims.
Steph
stephanie reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
As noted by Raya, our new UHaul rims do not have the nubbins to grab the covers. I also found the spare tire rim, which came on the trailer as a regular rim (not the spare) also does not fit the UHaul baby moons. There are nubbins, but the baby moons are slightly too big.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote