I am a BAD Mommy - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
the problem with tags is that they fall into the background chatter after awhile. Its just another thing right in front of your face you don't see.

The thermostat on the Blue Flame has done its job. I left it on once a couple weeks ago. I came home to find only the pilot silently running and the heater not producing sweltering beagle burning heat. That was worth the price.. think I will keep it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #42

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
I came home to find only the pilot silently running and the heater not producing sweltering beagle burning heat. That was worth the price.. think I will keep it.
Gina, you mentioned in an earlier post that there was only a small amount of condensation from the heater -- just a thin mist on the windows.

Is that still your experience after using it for a while -- that the level of condensation is small and easy to deal with?
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #43

Registry
I experienced that this winter during Arizona monsoons.

I am about to head up to the Northwet..I will report more in a more humid environment.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #44

Trailer: Aliner
Thanks, Gina. I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences with it.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #45

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Gina, How hot does the face of this unit get? Does it have a glass front to keep out little curious fingers?
Are you still happy with gas usage, condensation and the unit in general? I've been considering getting one of these, as our Boler does not have heat. We've had too many cold nights! Also, now we've got two little kids to keep warm as well.
Evan Friesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #46

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Gina, just saw this post. Are you still happy with your Blue Flame heater? I'm looking at several possibilities after freezing during the Quartzite gathering.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #47

Registry
OK, sorry, didn't see this dredged up again! Yes, I am still happy with it, tho it currently is NOT permanently installed in the Leocraft (I have to remove the dead gravity feed furnace and modify the mounts).

It still does all I have said it does. I put it on a stand and run a line through an open window last summer, but had mice issues, so I resorted to using my Buddy heater. The mice would climb up the propane line and play with the cat all nite.

Yes, it has a glass barrier between the flame and the grill. The grill gets warm, but not so warm you can't lay your hand on it. It works by quasi convection. The heat actually comes out and up from behind the glass and "shoots" out into the room.

Condensation is there, but not nearly as bad as with a Cat heater or the Buddy heater.

You need to practice all precautions...keep away from flamables etc, and give it a good fresh air supply. You would be happy with it.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #48

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
LOL! What part of the Arctic are you currently living in that you need heat in the summer?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #49

Registry
Oregon