I sleep on the couch, so I converted the bedroom - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
One difference is that with a converter you can run 12v stuff all the time as long as you are plugged in and not drain the batteries.
I could with the 13, and it had no convertor..

see my statement above...

Quote:
Charger charges battery, 12v items run off battery.. low current draw items don't take more than what was put in... yada yada yada....
I am not quite sure what folks are using on thier 12v that would run thier batteries down faster than you can charge, unless it's incandecants.

I have replaced ALL my incandescants again with LEDs and cold cathodes, which it what I had in the 13.

I prefer the light. If you look at the pics at the begining of this thread, it's all low current draw stuff. The stock incandescants look pale yellow in comparison. Maybe I am just used to the blue LEDs, but they seem LESS blue in this trailer than the 13. They are newer, so they may have improved them as well.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #22

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Looks GREAT! Love the personal touches!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #23

Registry
Here is the "stuff" stuck to the little shelves. The butyl holds stuff tight. Can't ask for more than that!

Yes, those are Space Needles. I have a large collection of them.. too many! Here is a good use for them!

The only problem I have with this arrangement is I can see that before my pans get used, they will need a bit of a rinse before use. The dogs are a little too close for my tastes.. but, theres not a lot to do. They see "bed" and think "mine!"

They don't get into anything, but the proximity is wierd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burro_shelvescurb.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	6654
Attached Thumbnails
burroshelvesstreet.jpg  
Old 03-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Ahhh, Gina - 3 cheers for your wonderful decorating ideas! Your new rig looks terrific! Thanx so much for posting these pics. Can't wait to take the 'tour' in July. Take care & have lots of fun on the "Bachelor" outing. L 'n D (currently camped in a great COE park on the Tennessee - Tombigbee waterway near Aberdeen, MS.)
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM   #25

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Gina, It's kinda sad that you sold your old 13' Burro before I got a chance to see it and meet you. You had talked about it so much and shown so many pictures of it that I almost expected it to start writing posts of its own.

So sad. But you're making up for it by turning your new trailer into a whole new character in FiberglassLand. :-)

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #26

Registry
Peter, if you run out to I-5 right about now, you can probably see it going over the Marquam bridge!

They drove down from Seattle to get it, and are bring it back home this week.

I have tried to get him to look at this site. I am not sure if he has. Maybe he will bring him to a rally up there sometime

It won't be red.. he plans on repainting it.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #27

Trailer: 87 13 ft Scamp
Hi Gina... man you did a great job on your egg. I sure wish my wife was into my scamp. I pretty much do it all alone while she is in the house. My question to you is this. Do you tow yours with a Wrangler? Just wondering because I tow my 13' Scamp with my Wrangler also. You don't see it very often. Sure makes for a cool set-up going down the road too.

In any case you did a great job and should be really proud... Peace
Pat R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #28

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Quote:
Peter, if you run out to I-5 right about now, you can probably see it going over the Marquam bridge!

They drove down from Seattle to get it, and are bring it back home this week.

I have tried to get him to look at this site. I am not sure if he has. Maybe he will bring him to a rally up there sometime

It won't be red.. he plans on repainting it.
Gina, Were they towing it with a white van-type vehicle? If so, I may have seen it yesterday stopped at a grocery near Newport, Oregon. Now I wish I had stopped!

Vivian
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #29

Registry
Pat, thanks, and I tow with a Red Liberty.. still a Jeep..

Vivian, I was not there when they picked it up, but Fred was. I know they had an Astro Van.

Fred, what color???

If the trailer was white on top, and red on the bottom, with non symetrical borders, that was them! No other trailer looks like that.

Since they are headed to Sequim off the 101, it most likely was! They could have done I-5 or the 101, don't know.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #30

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Vivian, I was not there when they picked it up, but Fred was. I know they had an Astro Van.

Fred, what color???

If the trailer was white on top, and red on the bottom, with non symetrical borders, that was them! No other trailer looks like that.
John and his wife drive a White Chevrolet Astro... or was it the GMC version...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #31

Registry
Vivian, post this in the sightings section!