If you could just completely redo it? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Sandra D, You have just described my dream egg. I thought we would do the same thing to our trailer, but it never happened. It's funny how two people can have different opinions about what to do. Anyway, some scamp deluxe have a wooden floor to ceiling support. I thought this idea might work for a closet replacement. That way you could have your bed and roof support too. I don't know about your bigfoot but I'm guessing structural remodels are easier with thru the shell rivets. Trillium does not have those. We have become quite happy with the original floor plan and it's so much less work. Good luck! I am curious how this project works out for you.

Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #16
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Clarification: ...Is the current side entrance going to be used at all?
Yes the side entrance will the the primary Camperbox entrance unless someone convinces me different. The pass thru to the Cab is more of a "climb thru" than a "walk thru". There are 7 various levers between the passenger and and driver seats thus the "climb thru"

To maximize use of space - for sleeping arrangements; one thought I had was to fold passenger and driver seats forward or rearward. Then set up a bed that is part in the Scamper box and part in the cab. I was thinkig of suspending it with what I assume would be the the sleepers trunk sticking inot the cab. I was thinking of a bed made of canvas stretched between two pipes. Maybe an air mattress on top of this. Think of a bed sized trampoline type thing. Roll it up and stow it when not in use. I could see stowing it just above the pass thru along the inside top of either the Scamper box or the cab.

THANX for all the suggestions

PS: as you folk brainstorm rember [b]this thing is GUTTED no closet no shelfs, no nothing! just a shell, door and most windows.

Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
I think the biggest determiner of how the space would go is whether you feel it is desirable to have a shower/toilet in the cabin of the camper. Most who have a 13ft don't because the amount of real estate is so limited. ...
. Both inside and outside. Inside center or doorway w/curtain so not to take up dedicated real estate. Doorway w/ shower floor also has advantage of becomeing a washoutable place to remove or whipe clean muddy shoes before entering. Either of these setups is just for side of the road access, short overnight camping etc. For few days in one spot camping; then I would set up an outside porta-tent. Maybe even outside porta-HOT-TUB. (plastic tub filled with engine heated water) ahhhh. all the luxerys

Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote