Inside switch for outdoor light? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2002, 11:48 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Inside switch for outdoor light?

I recently noted that the light outside my Casita door can only be turned off/on from outside. It seems that if we have already turned off that light in preparation for going to bed, and someone knocks at the door, it would be nice if I could turn on the outside light from inside, prior to opening the door.

Has anyone figured out how to control this light from the inside? Without major reconstruction effort ?

Tom Juelson

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 08:41 AM   #2

Hi Tom!

Hi Tom!

If you look at Roy Tarr's Casita improvements thread ... on this same forum, you'll see some pictures of how he accomplished just this.

You might ask him for some details.

Old 11-11-2002, 09:00 AM   #3

wiring

:wave Tom there are many ways the trailers manafactures have wired the outside lamps on the different trailers,you just have to study the wiring and do what is necessary ,your skill level will depend on how you do it,you can have an auto or rv shop to look at it and give you ideas. on my 95 casita sd ,i had to add a switch and one wire from inside lamp to the outside lamp in order to have it operate the way i wanted . :zz