Install fantastic fan - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
When I installed by FF on my Scamp using butyl tape under the flange and snap caps over the screws on the roof. Turned out well. I did add a small bead of Sikaflex 221 around the vent once installed. Worked well.

Only thing I would do differently would be to use a Deluxe Maxxfan rather than a FF. That way you will be able to leave the vent open in the rain without the need for a separate vent cover. Recently installed a Deluxe Maxxfan in my current trailer over the bed area and very happy with it - to me it is a far better system than the deluxe FF with rain sensor/remote etc that was already on the trailer at the other end of it. Find the FF is louder and has a more complicated auto control system & needs to be shut if its raining out.
Attached Thumbnails
P1000825 small.JPG  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:42 PM   #16
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
While the fantastic fan may not have all the conveniences of the Maxx fan, it does have one advantage, a better motor mount. The reason I was installing a new Fantastic fan was that the motor mount on my Maxx fan failed due to torsion caused by the motor spinning. It was 6 years old. Anyone with a ceiling fan can observe the same rotational forces at work. I hope you have better luck. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
1468607842122.jpg   1468607863825.jpg  

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)