Insulation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Insulation

I was getting something out of the closet and noticed how much hotter it was in there. So I grabbed a roll of insulation that is the aluminum on both sides with the bubbles on the inside. Started to stuff it between the outer and inner shells above the door to the front of the camper. It went most of the way to the front marker light!

So my question is has anyone else done this and has it helped much? I was also wondering if it would cut down on condensation in the winter months?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Everything that stops the transmittal of temperature differences helps.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:12 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The stuff is called reflectix. Here are a few threads.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...ix+uhaul&sa=Go
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #4

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
I was getting something out of the closet and noticed how much hotter it was in there. So I grabbed a roll of insulation that is the aluminum on both sides with the bubbles on the inside. Started to stuff it between the outer and inner shells above the door to the front of the camper. It went most of the way to the front marker light!

So my question is has anyone else done this and has it helped much? I was also wondering if it would cut down on condensation in the winter months?
Did it to my VT. It helps with heat transfer and also sound. We were camped in the UP and the next morning the neighbors asked about the loud truck that went through in the night creating quite a ruckus. We didn't hear it , granted we had the AC on . We have camped out in 16 degree weather with just a small electric heater and were still comfy.
The big issue for me was holding it in place in the sidewalls. Finally settled on the good aluminum duct tape. The good thing is that you can always take it out if you don't like it. I have seen no condensation issues.
Michael J.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
I used reflextic to line the walls of refrigerator cavity with folded tabs of it to isolated heater/flue area from coach, wrapped it around the water heater tank, lined storage water tank area, have panels cut for most windows for sun/heat/cold control, even lined my non-insulated garage doors with it
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote