Well, after 2 weeks of putting every spare minute I had into it, the interior is done! Well...done as in back together. Naturally I have a few ideas and um....I'll tell you later, my wife is coming!
Just kidding, she's been a real sport about all the time I've spent on this.
I've ground out the rotten patches of flooring which fortunately were pretty small and patched them, and the floor has been shimmed up and supported just as it was when it came out of the factory. Then I put in 1/4' subflooring plywood to make up for the lost height of the carpeting compared to the lino I was putting in and to provide a nice smooth new surface for the glue. Then I put in the new tiles, opting for a stripe pattern instead of the checkerboard I had origionally planned. The floor was then edged using a vinyl weatherstripping tape in dark brown that I glued to the floor and cabinets with contact cement. It is very thin stuff and will do for now but if it doesn't wear well I'll replace it with thin oak 1/4 round next year. The weatherstripping looks good though. I chose it over normal baseboard simply because I couldn't find a vinyl baseboard that wasn't way too big for such a small interior. Picky huh?
The electrics have all been checked and the fan over the furnace
repaired along with a few lights
that needed rewiring. I still need to find some new light
lenses for the ceiling lights
but haven't had any luck matching them. I expect I'll end up replacing them with new fixtures instead.
The carpet on the stairs was steam cleaned, which took an hour and a half before I was satisfied. The main floor carpet was torn out and tossed as being beyond recovery. The seat covers were steam cleaned and aired, all the curtains were washed by hand and aired and the venetian blinds were hand washed and rinsed. Also replaced was the origional mattress which was pretty musty smelling. Then the entire interior was washed down and polished before putting all the bits back in.
All this done in a plastic shell in 30 to 35 degrees celcius! So...I lost lots of weight
and um..any crooked cuts are to be blamed on my frequent breaks for cold beer.....
Anyhow...to see the photos just click on my Flickr account link below...
I hope that works... there are too many photos to post here, and they are large. Feel free to browse my other photos while you're there.
The trailer is now usable again and I will be taking it for a week long vacation to Sylvan Lake by myself on the 27th to relax and try it out. Of course I still have much to do on the exterior but I will be doing that over an extended period of time. So far on the exterior I've cleaned the roof and replaced both caps on the stack vents and re-caulked everything up there. Also replaced all the front clearance lights
, fixed the light
over the hitch and will be replacing all the rear clearance lights this weekend. It will be ready to go on the road after that and I'm looking forward to taking it on a short trip to the lake where I'll have a long and much needed rest.