Interior refresh - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2007, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I painted the cupboard doors and changed out the old hardware---boy what a difference! My old little Scamp looks refreshed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3355_x_500.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	8713

We opted to have the cushions recovered here professionally rather than have me do it, mainly to save my sanity. I didn't think that any of Scamp's options would match the color scheme, if only they had a solid color! Anyway, if someone wants to recover themselves 10 to 11 yards of wide upholstery fabric is safe. I had 8 and ended up with vinyl on the backs of all of the cushions.

Name:	3357_x_500.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	8714

My dear hubby added an undercounter CD player that will eventually get swapped out for the one with the swivel TV underneath. AND installed my wine glass rack. He had to move the stock light over to get everything to fit. The CD player has a light on the underneath so I can still read in bed. Ahhh the comforts of home........

Name:	3358x_500.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	8715

(did you notice the two coffee mugs hanging over the stove in the first picture? The man we bought the trailer from just lost his wife of 40+ years and never unpacked before selling us the trailer. Since I found FIVE coffee pots and just the two mugs I assumed these were the ones they used to sit and enjoy their morning coffee together year after year of camping. Even though we aren't coffee drinkers I thought I would leave them right where I found them hoping we have just as many happy memories in the little Scamp as the last owner said they did.)

Next installment----NEW EXTERIOR PAINT

Jackie
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Keeping the 2 coffee mugs... Beautiful.
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
That interior looks real nice. Love the found coffeee cups also they DO belong with the trailer. I saw the same coffee cup set up in another picture somewhere and hope to set up something similar once I get my new purchase road worthy and usable ASAP. May I sugest a couple things.... Change out that old school almond colored clectrical plug in the center of the cabinet to a nice new white one with a nice new white cover. An easy fix. Also you can find these screw covers for the black screws in the back of the cabinet. There like a plastic washer with a cap attached. You put the screw through the washer part screw to your piece then flip the little cap over and it snaps in place. Don't get me wrong I love the look of what you have done and hope that someday my 79 Burro will look somewhere close to what you have today.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Burro__6_.jpg  
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #4

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
Your mods look great, but I too must comment on keeping the coffee mugs. That is so wonderful of you to think about the prior owners and let a little bit of them travel with you. When I bought my 78, I bought it from a girl whose grandfather had given it to her before he passed away. He had a sticker on the back window that I first thought I would remove, but then decided to leave it there for the same reason as your mugs... all these years later, and its still there!

-Jaye
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Dave, you're right that outlet sticks out like a sore thumb. That is definitely on the list, along with changing out the acorn nuts which aren't black but rusty those and the curtain rod holders. Also finding or making some kind of vent to fill in the space between the fridge and the cabinet, the list never ends!
Kenny&Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Jackie, it looks like we need to get togrther at some meet soon!!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The mods look great! Great job with the red!

I have a similar story...with my Dads car. When he passed, I ended up with what seemed to be one of his prized possessions, a Buick. His other love was his golf clubs.

It was a very nice car, but I already had one, so I used both for quite sometime. I didn't have the heart to sell it.

When I bought my house, I had to get rid of one of the cars, and being that my Honda was more fuel efficient, I reluctantly agreed to sell the Buick to the real estate agent I was working with.

Before I let it go, I removed the trunk lid liner, and placed his best golf scorecard and one of his tees in a space in the lid, then replaced the liner.

The car still lives and I see it here in town, and I smile knowing his "stuff" is really still in it.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote