Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Happy to answer your questions James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimodoh View Post
Hello Ian I have been following your Reno with great interest and admiration. My questions are. What is your countertop made out of/thickness? It appears thicker than the wood of the cabinets.
The countertop is 3/4" baltic birch covered with white arbourite or formica high pressure laminate

Quote:
Secondly, I am curious as to what the yellow material is on the front of the drawers/doors? Is it the same white plastic laminate only painted?
All the interior yellow is paint on the baltic birch

Quote:
Finally, is the countertop also covered in the plastic vinyl or is it something else entirely?
Yes, all the white on the interior including the counter top and cabinet sides are white arbourite or formica high pressure laminate

Quote:
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I'm mid Reno myself and am looking to the future.

Thanks again, and great work!
-James
Thank you

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #338

Name: Anne-Marie
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300
Ontario
I've just read the whole thread....4years and 25 pages of posts in one sitting! UNbeleivable stunning work! And I'm going to steal your computer fan vent and exterior water supply ideas for my own 13' Trillium! Thanks for all your work recording and photographing the whole process. Wonderful videos too...I think I might be polishing some hinges in the future!

Old 07-05-2016, 03:08 AM   #339

Name: Kurt
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Great work, I did the full read thru as well. Lots of tips and inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #340
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie L View Post
I've just read the whole thread....4years and 25 pages of posts in one sitting! UNbeleivable stunning work! And I'm going to steal your computer fan vent and exterior water supply ideas for my own 13' Trillium! Thanks for all your work recording and photographing the whole process. Wonderful videos too...I think I might be polishing some hinges in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwideski View Post
Great work, I did the full read thru as well. Lots of tips and inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story
I can say we are enjoying camping in the Boler as much as I enjoyed the rebuild. The inspiration was to create my vision and provide inspiration to other in what they are capable of doing. It is very rewarding to contribute in a small way to this great FGRV community
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #341

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Indescribably i m p r e s s e d !

I still can't believe I actually read every single page of this long thread . . .

However, it was well worth it! I am so very impressed at how and why you turned a good idea into a adventurous journey and then . . . a love affair!

Congratulations on your accomplishments. Your Boler is a beauty! The account of your journey has inspired me to get work on my own project (16' Scamp project.

Wishing you many safe and joyous camping trips!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #342

Name: Annie
Trailer: 13' Burro
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
The water system uses an external 5 gallon insulated cooler that I installed a quick connect fitting in place of the spigot. The braided steel line leads directly to the electric water pump. We have used this system for the past 2 years and it works great, easy to refill, in really hot weather we add a block of ice.

Do you have instructions on how to build your external water supply? I dont like having a water tank because you cant ckean them and they get a bad taste.

Thank you
Old 03-19-2017, 04:07 PM   #343

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
That is seriously impressive! I look forward to the interior photos :-)

Tags
boler, cabinets, custom, frame, renovation