It Started as a Kitchen Reno- Project Boler - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #113

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
This is just a beautiful renovation! Your cooler fresh water system is very clever.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #114

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
You did a terrific job on this. It's really a new trailer. I especially like that stainless steel backsplash. It looks like it would be flexible to go around the curves in the walls. Did you have to caulk between the individual pieces? Would it hold something like a magnetic sponge holder, behind the sink?

Thanks.

Rosemary

Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #115
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress View Post
You did a terrific job on this. It's really a new trailer. I especially like that stainless steel backsplash. It looks like it would be flexible to go around the curves in the walls. Did you have to caulk between the individual pieces? Would it hold something like a magnetic sponge holder, behind the sink?

Thanks.

Rosemary
Thank you Rosemary
The stainless steel backsplash is a self adhesive 12"x12" tile that comes on a flexible backing (I purchased them at Rona but I am sure they would be available at most home hardware stores). It does bend around the compound curves but is a bit tricky to get straight (I want to redo a small section). The backing is black so there is really no need to caulk between the tiles, it looks great without it.

Unfortunately the stainless steel tiles are not magnetic.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #116
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
This is just a beautiful renovation! Your cooler fresh water system is very clever.
Thanks Kathy
A bonus to the water system is that the water does not get that "plastic" taste common with RV water holding tanks, it stays very fresh and clean.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #117

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Saskatchewan
about the table....

Your table design with the hinges and latches seemed functional and looked good. Why did you go to the other system?

BTW - thanks for the posts - very helpful and informational! (not to mention the amazing results)!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #118

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1984 13' UHaul
Louisiana
Registry
Ian, what kind of pump are you using with your water system? Electric or just hooked to the hand pump? got any pics of that? I'm going out for 4 days next week as a trial run for my solar set-up and would like to put a 12V water pump in.

Your egg makes me want to give mine some TLC!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #119
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt65 View Post
Your table design with the hinges and latches seemed functional and looked good. Why did you go to the other system?

BTW - thanks for the posts - very helpful and informational! (not to mention the amazing results)!
The initial table leg design did work very well but ... on my version I needed to crawl under the table to release the back latches, on the new legs one release lever at the front releases the mechanism. The added bonus of the the new legs is that the table is not connected to the floor which allows us to move it outside, on my design the legs were attached and hinged atthe floor.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #120
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlives View Post
Ian, what kind of pump are you using with your water system? Electric or just hooked to the hand pump? got any pics of that? I'm going out for 4 days next week as a trial run for my solar set-up and would like to put a 12V water pump in.

Your egg makes me want to give mine some TLC!
I am using an electric ShurFlo model 2088 water pump. It is rated for 2.8 gal/min @ 2.5 amps (max current draw is 7.0 amp @ 40 psi) We only turn the pump on when we are at the sink so the amount of power it consumes is negligable.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #121

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1984 13' UHaul
Louisiana
Registry
Thanks!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #122

Name: Yvonne
Trailer: 1987 Casita
Texas
I'm feeling inspired here. My husband and I are about where you started, except for the fact that our 1987 Casita was already stripped down to the fiberglass when we bought it. The job of re-assembling and improving our "Casita kit" is so daunting but your project has given me hope. Thank you for sharing your experience so generously!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #123
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXButterfly View Post
I'm feeling inspired here. My husband and I are about where you started, except for the fact that our 1987 Casita was already stripped down to the fiberglass when we bought it. The job of re-assembling and improving our "Casita kit" is so daunting but your project has given me hope. Thank you for sharing your experience so generously!
Good luck on your ambitious project, it will be a lot of work but the finished trailer will be worth every $, skinned knuckle and cross word. If you need any encouragement or get stuck please send me a note, I will do my best to keep your enthusiasm at its' highest.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #124
Commercial Member

Alberta
Registry
Magic mesh

I saw this brilliant modification at last year's Alberta Omelette and enlisted the talents of Darla, whose Boler it was on, to make me a set. yes this is the same Magic Mesh advertised on TV, Darla uses cloth banding to sew the top together into one strip, then cuts the width down to fit and sews heavy duty Velcro around the sides and top. It works great, "snapping" shut right behind you.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #125

Name: Bernard
Trailer: 2007 uhaul ct13
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
I saw this brilliant modification at last year's Alberta Omelette and enlisted the talents of Darla, whose Boler it was on, to make me a set. yes this is the same Magic Mesh advertised on TV, Darla uses cloth banding to sew the top together into one strip, then cuts the width down to fit and sews heavy duty Velcro around the sides and top. It works great, "snapping" shut right behind you.

We did exactly that to our uhaul and it works great.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #126

Name: Barbara
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13
Alaska
Registry
Holey Moley, this is inspirational (not that I could ever do anything close to this involved). I was inspired to order that table base! And managed to stay calm after figuring out the shipping costs to Alaska! UPS was going to charge $154 for the slow method! So I had it shipped to the barge company in Seattle, Alaska Marine Lines for $40 and they will bring it up to me by barge for $60 ( minimum charge).

I want a smaller table, well shorter, but wide to use for a bed too. I love the space without the regular dinette table. Pictures promised when my ship (or barge) comes in.

Thanks for all the great pictures, beautiful work.

Tags
boler, cabinets, custom, frame, renovation