iWaveCube microwave? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 13' 2012 Scamp
Wisconsin
iWaveCube microwave?

Anyone have first hand experiences?

http://www.iwavecube.com/product-p/iwc-wh.htm

Measures 10.5"W x 10"D x 12"H
Heating cavity is .3 cubic feet (8"W x 8"D x 6"H)
600 watts
12 lbs

I'm thinking it may fit in the upper closet cabinet between the bathroom and the exterior door of the Scamp 13'. I had them run an extra AC outlet into that closet.

I've read some folks are using old Sharp half pints; but I'm still looking around for those used.
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post

600 watts
12 lbs

I'm thinking it may fit in the upper closet cabinet between the bathroom and the exterior door of the Scamp 13'. I had them run an extra AC outlet into that closet.

I've read some folks are using old Sharp half pints; but I'm still looking around for those used.
I have a good working Half Pint in my loft, it is the original model, and I'd let it go for $30. If you are going to Hampton (Fall on the Mississippi) I could bring it for your approval. Or if you are coming across ILLannoy on I-80 anytime soon. We're At Exit 112.
It's a perfect fit and leaves room for a "medicine chest door behind it in the head for plenty of storage. look closely at the picture and you can see where we vented both the closet and the upper section with the microwave.
Here's what the newer model 1/2 pint looks like in that location...
Attached Thumbnails
Eggy-Sue inside 009.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
My iwavecube

I have used an Iwavecube microwave for several years and really like it. It is small but big enough for the 2 of us. Heats a couple servings of food quickly. Fits on the counter and still leaves room for my coffee maker.
I give it 2 thumbs up.

Quote:

600 watts
12 lbs

Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #4

Wisconsin
Can you describe or post a picture of the iWaveCube interior? I can't tell from the web site what type of controls it has or where they are located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky 4 View Post
I have used an Iwavecube microwave for several years and really like it. It is small but big enough for the 2 of us. Heats a couple servings of food quickly. Fits on the counter and still leaves room for my coffee maker.
I give it 2 thumbs up.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Out of curiosity I looked up the Sharp Half Pint on Amazon. They are for sale for $160 and are virtually identical to the Iwave, obviously the same manufacturer. It's certainly a nice;y sized microwave solution.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Out of curiosity I looked up the Sharp Half Pint on Amazon. They are for sale for $160 and are virtually identical to the Iwave, obviously the same manufacturer. It's certainly a nice;y sized microwave solution.
The Half Pint is large enough [40% larger capacity than the Iwave] to accept a standard sized plate, and so it fits nearly everything which is "made for the Microwave"
14-3/8" x 14-1/4"with a 10-3/4" plate
the Iwave is considerably smaller...
10.5"W x 10"D x 12"H with an interior 8"W x 8"D x 6"H (No plate?)
Small is the point , so the Iwave wins on that count. TooSmall?...
Well that's like comparing a Scamp 13 to a Scamp16.
Each is a perfect fit for the right customer! I'm glad to see an actual choice on the market for a change.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #7

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
iwavecube micro

the controls are on the top-with a handle also makes carrying easier.

the half pint and iwavecube are not the same-totally different.

don`t know how to post pictures-search iwavecube microwave--you will get their website.

Quote:
Can you describe or post a picture of the iWaveCube interior? I can't tell from the web site what type of controls it has or where they are located.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
iWave Cube

We love ours. Perfect for two people and takes up no space at all. It fits in the area where the microwave would of been.
Hope this helps, Carmen
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2009.jpg  
Carmen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
You might want to hold out to find this kind of Sharp Half Pint:

We have this kind. It fits perfectly in our closet in the Uhaul and holds a pan. It has a flat top, so we can easily stack things on top of it too. I don't see any on ebay right now, but I have seen them.

Cindy
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
You might want to hold out to find this kind of Sharp Half Pint:

We have this kind. It fits perfectly in our closet in the Uhaul and holds a pan. It has a flat top, so we can easily stack things on top of it too. I don't see any on ebay right now, but I have seen them.

Cindy
The one pictured in your video is a first generation Half Pint. The one in my Scamp is a second generation.
The one in my Shop loft is like the one in your video.
The second generation Half Pint is about the same size, and the case has a flat top, sides, and bottom... only the door is convex.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #11

Wisconsin
Oh - that's the key problem with the iWaveCube = controls on top up by the handle won't work for my application. I want to place it in the closet and the top will not be easily accessible.

I'm kicking myself because I had a perfectly fine first generation half pint about 10 years ago that I got at a garage sale a block away for $10. Loaned it to a relative and it has since disappeared. Replacing it now will be much more costly and I really like the first gen controls - nice and simple and you don't need to open the door to use them.

Just about every second generation half pint seems to have the LCD readout fail in some way from the descriptions I'm seeing on craigslist.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #12

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
here's one good reviews i don't have this but had to post because of the price

0.6 cu. ft. Rotary Dial Countertop Microwave in White-MWM6600RW at The Home Depot
jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #13

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I just don't see the advantages of these small microwaves for the price difference. I have a small micro that cost $30 from Wally and it is plenty small enough to fit on the stove or sink area and have room for other stuff.

Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 PM   #14

Wisconsin
I think the point is that some of us don't want the microwave sitting on the stove or sink area all the time.

We want it mounted snugly off the counter top in a closet sized cubby hole.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #15

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
James,

The reason I like my Half-Pint (I have an early one that I got on ebay.) is because it not only fits in the closet (We keep our clothes in the Eurovan.), but it is tall enough and wide enough to fit things that would not fit in many small new ones. We usually cook veggies in it.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave