Jack-E-Up jack - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #1
Name: Vic
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Jack-E-Up jack

A few months ago I contacted Kent Madison of Jack-E-Up to order one of his jacks to replace my side-wind jack on my Fiber Stream. The problem was that when I modified the installation to put the spare tire above the frame, I realized that I had to remove the side-wind jack every time I needed the spare. A Jack-E-Up would be the ideal solution.

I was apparently the first Canadian customer for this product, and we had to work out the shipping. Kent was very easy to work with, and the jack arrived promptly.

It was very, very easy to install, and works flawlessly. To install, I just put the trailer coupler on my trailer dolly, blocked the trailer wheels and went to work. Less than 15 minutes total.

I am impressed with an excellent product, well-built, and a customer experience that far exceeds what I normally receive. Check out his product!

An added benefit is that missing the jack makes the trailer a less likely target for thieves.

Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Name: Alice
Trailer: 2015 T@B M@X CS-S - Condo A-Go-Go
I also purchased the Jack E Up and had it installed. Unfortunately, the results were not as good as yours. I put a wheel on my jack to move it into and out of the garage. With the wheel in place, the jack wanted to tilt, making it very unstable. Even with the foot on, using the Jack E UP was very unstable and wobbly. I decided to remove and return it. It is better for me to live with the inconvenience of not being able to open the back door, than to have the nose of the trailer crash down, or bend the post of the jack.

The product itself appears to be well made, but the safe application on my trailer did not seem to be what the normal jack provides. Just my experience, yours may vary.

Wallo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I think cpaharley put one of these on his 21' Escape.

The tongue jack on my Scamp swivels and stores parallel to the tongue. Nothing ever hangs down.
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
You may want to consider this. Works as advertised and we love it.

Ultimate Trailer Jack Website
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Name: Teal
Trailer: Scamp 16
hmmm... wondering whether the Jack-E up system can be used with the Ulitmate Jack. I like the quick release for taking the jack down...but removing it while underway like the Jack E up does is appealing as well. ... anyone tried it?
Teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #6
As to whether anyone has used Jack-E-Up with the Ultimate Jack I can't say. There is certainly no reason why you couldn't, since Jack-E-Up has a version to fit a standard A-frame jack, of which the Ultimate Jack is a modified version.

I don't see enough advantage to justify the doubled cost though.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #7
On second thought, looking at one of the pictures of the Little Joe setup on that trip, it doesn't appear too severe. Never the less, I don't think I could have achieved level without blocks under the jack.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Smokies 6 Campsite Smokies.jpg  
Old 07-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
I like the swing-away (swivel) jacks. Harbor Freight sells a couple of them that bolt onto the frame, no welding or drilling necessary.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:05 PM   #9
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
I have, and use, the Jack-E-Up and have not found any problem with "landing gear" wobble. Curious if you installed the bottom plate with the hole in it for the jack to insert through in addition to the top twist-out fixture? Mine is solid as a rock, and I push it all around the driveway with no wobbling at all.

"Government doesn't have an answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote