Just added a bunch more pics of my Scamp project - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #1

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
If anyone is interested you can see them here:

http://360.yahoo.com/jaye580

and then click on the photo of the Scamp on the right to start the slideshow.
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:21 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
great job hard to beleave it is the same egg
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
WOW, I wish I had your talent! Wow----------GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:52 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I'm amazed by your ingenuity. Are your propane tanks in the storage box? Does the PVC screen hinge in the middle?
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #5

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
WOW!!!!!!!
I remember seeing this on eBay and thinking what a project for someone. You have done a wonderful job. So cute, cozy and creative. Love what you did with the cupboard doors and how you used the old ski. Also like the box in front and how the chairs fit right inside. Your laundry basket gave me an idea for our Burro.

I know what it took to bring this back to life. My dad bought an Amerigo in about the same shape as your Scamp. Piled high with bike parts and nasty trash, door busted all up, mold, dirt, grime and gross inside and out, leaks everywhere, and ugly camo type paint on the outside. At least his had all the windows, and he installed a bath with a shower in his. It took him more than a year working nights and weekend to bring his back to life. How long did this project take you? He did the same exact thing as you did for a screen door and it works great. You should be very proud of yourself, you did an excellent job.

Are you going to use the Scamp for camping, guest room, get away place or what?

You have great talent. Here's to a job well done.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #6

Registry
Thanks for all your nice comments. I have actually only had this Scamp for one month today! BUT, my job gives me 3 days off a week and I have taken a couple of vacation days too and done nothing but work on this thing every minute that I am not working or sleeping! As it nears completion, (I figure about 2 more weeks) I keep thinking of other things to put on the list AND now my son wants his remodeled too (and I have lots of left over parts!) So I think this will be an ongoing project for at least a couple more months! I love it though and can't wait for our first trip in the 2 of them! Oh, and I did away with the propane. I am the only one using this Scamp, have a camp stove for outside and an electric 2 burner hot plate for inside, and the Scamp did not come with a tank anyway, so I decided I just didn't need it!

--><div class='quotemain'>
WOW!!!!!!!
I remember seeing this on eBay and thinking what a project for someone. You have done a wonderful job. So cute, cozy and creative. Love what you did with the cupboard doors and how you used the old ski. Also like the box in front and how the chairs fit right inside. Your laundry basket gave me an idea for our Burro.

I know what it took to bring this back to life. My dad bought an Amerigo in about the same shape as your Scamp. Piled high with bike parts and nasty trash, door busted all up, mold, dirt, grime and gross inside and out, leaks everywhere, and ugly camo type paint on the outside. At least his had all the windows, and he installed a bath with a shower in his. It took him more than a year working nights and weekend to bring his back to life. How long did this project take you? He did the same exact thing as you did for a screen door and it works great. You should be very proud of yourself, you did an excellent job.

Are you going to use the Scamp for camping, guest room, get away place or what?

You have great talent. Here's to a job well done.
[/quote]
Old 05-27-2006, 03:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Scamp
Quote:

Wow.....you did do a lot of work! I can not imagine the time you spent on your scamp reno. We have also been doing scamp renovations, not as many as yourself but still time consuming. This is our first posting so when we actually figure out how to show some photos of our work we will post them also. Thanks for sharing, it is nice to see other peoples neat ideas.
Janine & Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #8

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
Looks just wonderful! You put in a tremendous amount of work - and the effort sure paid off!

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:

I am IMPRESSED!
Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Quote from Jaye "Oh, and I did away with the propane. I am the only one using this Scamp, have a camp stove for outside "

I am with you, Jaye. Most folks like to cook outside, and so having the stove so that it can be used inside, or outside, was the way I have done mine.
That way I had room for a storage box, similar to yours, on the tongue. It holds battery, hoses, boots, and all the messy things that you don't want cluttering up the inside.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #11

Trailer: 96 Scamp 13 ft
Wow, what an accomplishment! It looks great!!

The slideshow is perfect for showing the progression from mess to success!
Scott Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:14 AM   #12

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:

Jaye, you've done an amazing job on your trailer! You're my inspiration. I'm going to have to copy the awning idea, too.
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #13

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The whole job is outstanding! We just purchased a 1978 Burro and have been using your ideas for inspiration on our restoration. A couple questions: How is the awning attached at the top to the trailer? Also, I believe you mentioned in another posting that you can shower inside. Do you hang a curtain when you use the shower pump? Stand in a plastic basin?

Thanks!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #14

Registry
I have not done the inside shower yet- it is still in the thought stages...

as for the awning, I keep meaning to get some pics of the clamps I used as I don't know what they are called, but I haven't taken them yet
What I used are just little metal u shaped springy clamps that I got at the hardware store-I think they are meant to hold conduit or something, I have used them in the garage to hang rakes etc if that helps to identify them! Anyway, I put 3 of them on the roof and the PVC just snaps right into them. I can easily do it alone AND the awning stayed put through our last downpour and strong wind so I am happy with it! Here a a real crude drawing till I remember to take a photo!

Quote:
The whole job is outstanding! We just purchased a 1978 Burro and have been using your ideas for inspiration on our restoration. A couple questions: How is the awning attached at the top to the trailer? Also, I believe you mentioned in another posting that you can shower inside. Do you hang a curtain when you use the shower pump? Stand in a plastic basin?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #15

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
Nice work....but what is the cover over the vent? it sort of looks like it's made of a screen material.

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #16

Registry
I think what you are seeing is just a container I tossed up there temporarily until I get everything sanded, sealed and painted as there are some leaks around the vent right now and we have had steady rain for weeks! Once the rain quits and I can get those things done, I am going to go around the vent with Eternabond (I think that that is what its called) and then the container wil be gone!

Quote:
Nice work....but what is the cover over the vent? it sort of looks like it's made of a screen material.

Paul
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #17

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I love your screen door! Making one is on my list of things to do, but I really like the idea of using pvc for the frame of the screen door. Did you still use plywood for the D shaped pieces on the side (the ones that make it so the flat door will fit against the curved wall? I'm guessing that the screen is sewn in to the fabric, and the pvc goes inside the fabric? What diameter pvc did you use? Pvc is wonderful stuff :-)

Daisy
Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #18

Registry
Hi Daisy,

You are correct in all of your questions and it is 3/4 inch PVC. I love using PVC too- its cheap, easy to cut, and I have used it for tons of stuff it was never intended for!! The only hard part of making this door was getting the dimensions right- so don't glue any PVC together until you have everything else done!!!

Quote:
I love your screen door! Making one is on my list of things to do, but I really like the idea of using pvc for the frame of the screen door. Did you still use plywood for the D shaped pieces on the side (the ones that make it so the flat door will fit against the curved wall? I'm guessing that the screen is sewn in to the fabric, and the pvc goes inside the fabric? What diameter pvc did you use? Pvc is wonderful stuff :-)

Daisy
Old 06-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #19

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Jaye... that is just WAAAAY impressive... and you've done it in a MONTH? WOW!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:29 AM   #20

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Very, Very Nice. You've really decorated your trailers. Anyone who steps inside will be wanting you to decorate their trailer. Thank you for sharing your photos.
anniejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp