Kayaks on top... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #15

Name: Flat
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Utah
Dude, Jeeps are it. I have a 1944 Willys MB that I restored from the ground up. We are brothers...those Harley boys got nothin' on us!

I also like bikes, kayaks, and my wife is the bomb (aka way hot!)

Back on topic here...
Thanks for the notes on the rack. I wasn't really trying to convince anyone to put one on their camper - I can see you all like your boats on the car.

Be cool. (this is for you Donna...) Flat!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfendershop View Post
Be cool. (this is for you Donna...) Flat!
I'm going to call you STANLEY.... as in Flat Stanley. Anyone have kids that had that character in their past lives? Hey, he traveled too.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #17

Name: Richard
Trailer: uhaul ct-13
New Jersey
Registry
LOL I know you were joking!.. your right, jeep nuts are worse than Harley boyz, and the toys for our toy are more expensive.. (so hmmmm maybe they have it right?) haha. back on topic, that is a great idea, but I need the clearence as I boondock in deep woods at times where no one goes and it would just get hung up, I put my spot lights on the windshield with relocation brackets on the jeep because I have seen way too many jeepers with light racks bust there windshields from the stress of a tree branch hung up.. but if your not going into deep woods with a low canopy that is a great idea to keep your campout gear all in one tow package!
Jeep Wrangler Sport TJ
Calud13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #18

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I LOVE THIS. I have been trying to figure out a way to carry my kayaks on my Cloud since I bought it. So far I just squeeze the two 8 footers (my kids) in the camper and mine goes on top of the Jeep. Your set up would be perfect for me. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Hi,
Does anyone else like to take their boats with them? We do. We have either 3 or 4 that we transport, so I built this rack for them. Admittedly, it looks a little silly - but works well. I have to bring a 4 foot ladder so I can reach to get the boats strapped on but its not a big problem.

I was adamant that the rack could be taken off with no trace of it having been there, in the event we sell the camper someday. It bolts to the frame with some big U bolts.

Here we're camped at Lake Powell in April.
Flat.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #19

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Kayaks on the top of a Trillium 4500

Quote:
Hi,
Does anyone else like to take their boats with them? We do. We have either 3 or 4 that we transport, so I built this rack for them. Admittedly, it looks a little silly - but works well. I have to bring a 4 foot ladder so I can reach to get the boats strapped on but its not a big problem.
I was adamant that the rack could be taken off with no trace of it having been there, in the event we sell the camper someday. It bolts to the frame with some big U bolts.
Flat.
Smart idea, reversible and safe. Welding on the thin Trillium 4500 frame would not be as safe as the U-bolts you used. Good way to protect resale value of both truck and RV. I don't see it as "looking silly". For such a light load with little wind resistance, this is a bright idea !

Thanks for sharing