kelty awning pics - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #15
Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
items (that look smaller) by Kelty at $140 and $170. Their site is, item #'s 88172 and88173.
Hi George,
You just cost me some money! I went to Sierrra Trading Post to check it out. I ended up in their massive clearance dept. I'm Cheap! Can't pass up a good deal even if I don't need it.
I ended up buying a new pair of waders and wading shoes, almost bought a new fly rod. It is one of those places that make self control very difficult. I am glad there closet store is in the next state. It's almost as bad as going to Home Depot.
To be serious, THANKS, I saved almost $200.00 on my new waders and boots.
Thanks again,

John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 PM   #16
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
We just bought one of these from Costco for our 16' Scamp. Literally just got it as we haven't had time to try it out yet. We are hoping to set it up this weekend and will post some pics of it when we do.

Got it from Costco for $149.99 + 11.58 shipping. Seems like a good price, most other places we saw these online were over 200.

John and Adrienne

John Adrienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #17
Trailer: 2006 13 ft Scamp
I just ran across this thread, and I'm so glad to find it. Does anyone have an opinion on whether they'd prefer this or the scamp standard awning? I just put in my order for a 13'er (whoohoo! I've never even had a car that was brand new!) but now I'm thinking that perhaps I should skip the standard awning and go with this, because of the flexibility. Or does anyone have suggestions on turning the regular awning into a room?

Laura Heiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Hi Laura,
I'm the one who started this thread, so I can tell you of my experience with this awning. I really do like using it, it's easy to install and lightweight. The down side is that it is not bug proof, and when it rains the water can come down inbetween the awning and the trailer.
This year we will probably purchase a screen room, as the bugs were really annoying last year. Although it's another thing to deal with, I don't mind the idea of a seperate screen room which can be set up over the picnic table, and away from the trailer.
Years ago I lived in an airstream, which had an attached awning and screen room. Now that was deluxe! Also, big and heavy, and with the Scamp we try to keep the weight down!
Good luck, let us know your decision, as everyone loves to hear of other's ideas!
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #19
Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
I have a 2005 Casita 17' but before I had a 2003 Scamp 16'. Off-hand I don't remember the brands but the Casita awning is a WHOLE lot nicer to set up. Don't know if Scamp has changed or not and don't exactly what was different but I remember how pleased I was when I first opened the awning on the Casita.

Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote