Kim's 93 Scamp 13ft. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #21

Name: Kim
Trailer: Scamp
California
Went to find the windows today. I only found one side window. I lucked out and it was just sitting out in the open. I will have to order the back window and escape hatch from Scamp come Monday.

I also found me a stove top cover. It isn't right and sits on top of the stove but i will make it work. This will atleast give me a back splash now.

KimScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Not sure where you are in California
But there is a great place in Rialto
" Walts rv"
Lots of used stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #23

California
I'm in Sacramento. We went to RV Geoges, but they don't have much Scamp stuff. I think I pretty much got everything they had for them, which consisted of those pop rivits and the window. LOL

I will look up that place you mentioned though and see how close it is to me.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #24

California
Tried to email Walt's RV and their email doesn't work anymore. I got an error email. So we called and they don't even know what a Scamp trailer is. LOL Guess they are out. LOL
Old 06-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #25

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Kim, it looks like you two are doing a great job!

If you would like to view another way to install the Porta-Potty you might can take a look at this modification:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-68763.html

I'm in process of attempting to convert my front bunk area into the front dinette/porty-potty, as shown.

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #26

Kim
I find it hard to believe that they have
Never heard of a scamp.... I know for a fact I bought a number of items from them a few years ago when I had. Scamp.... If I were you I'd call
Again it's always possible that the first person you called was either new or misunderstood
Again just my 2 cents worth
The last time I was there they had rows of used windows/ blinds etc

Old 06-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #27

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Kim
I find it hard to believe that they have
Never heard of a scamp.... I know for a fact I bought a number of items from them a few years ago when I had. Scamp.... If I were you I'd call
Again it's always possible that the first person you called was either new or misunderstood
Again just my 2 cents worth
The last time I was there they had rows of used windows/ blinds etc

I will give them a call on Monday. My hubby called and had to tell them Scamp twice, then had to explain what it was, a fiberglass trailer. ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Nolen View Post
Kim, it looks like you two are doing a great job!

If you would like to view another way to install the Porta-Potty you might can take a look at this modification:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-68763.html

I'm in process of attempting to convert my front bunk area into the front dinette/porty-potty, as shown.

Bill
Wow, that is nice!! You did a great job. I may have to copy the way you made it so the lower bunk part is still convertible into a bed. We could probably make the table big enough to fill that gap and just have an extra cushion that floats around inside the trailer till needed.

Today we went to Home Depot and bought the plywood for the floor. I also got the hardwood flooring I wanted.

Going with that floor and will be getting darker color wood to trim it with. Think it will look pretty cool.

I'm hoping to get the plywood down tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #28

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Kim,
You are doing great work on your scamp, and I am enjoying watching your progress. I see you cleaned the walls already. They look pretty good in the pictures but if they are not as clean as you wanted them I just wanted to let you know that when I renovated my boler I replaced all of the interior carpeting. I was able to pick up enough for my 13' for $200 cash. I just traced out the old pieces onto the back of the new carpet with a sharpie marker, cut the carpeting (ratfur or Headliner) wit scissors and glued them back onto the shell using outdoor carpet glu I bought at my local flooring store. I paid about $30 a gallon and with the cupboards and storage areas I needed 2 gallons of glue. I did not find it as big of a project as I was afraid it would be.
As I said, your walls look good in the pictures. Please don't take the above as an insult to the obvious hard work you have already put into this process, I just wanted to offer my experience.
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:29 PM   #29

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
Hi Kim,
You are doing great work on your scamp, and I am enjoying watching your progress. I see you cleaned the walls already. They look pretty good in the pictures but if they are not as clean as you wanted them I just wanted to let you know that when I renovated my boler I replaced all of the interior carpeting. I was able to pick up enough for my 13' for $200 cash. I just traced out the old pieces onto the back of the new carpet with a sharpie marker, cut the carpeting (ratfur or Headliner) wit scissors and glued them back onto the shell using outdoor carpet glu I bought at my local flooring store. I paid about $30 a gallon and with the cupboards and storage areas I needed 2 gallons of glue. I did not find it as big of a project as I was afraid it would be.
As I said, your walls look good in the pictures. Please don't take the above as an insult to the obvious hard work you have already put into this process, I just wanted to offer my experience.

Nope, not offended. I did think about replacing it, but didn't want to go that far if I didn't have to. It actually cleaned up pretty good. There is one area that I wish would have gotten a bit better, but it isn't that bad.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #30

California
Ok, just ordered a cushion set for the rear table area, the back window, and hopefully a drawer for the kitchen. He's not sure if he has the drawer. If all else fails, I do have the old one and could probably make a new one using the old as a pattern, but don't really want to go that route if I don't have too. I went with blue cushions.

Hopefully my stuff will be here sometime next week.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #31

Just got a call from a friend
Walts rv is located in corona Cs
Not Rialto so maybe you were calling wrong place ????
Just an fyi

Old 06-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #32

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Just got a call from a friend
Walts rv is located in corona Cs
Not Rialto so maybe you were calling wrong place ????
Just an fyi

Yep, called the place in Rialto. Oh well, no big deal. I found a escape hatch today, we will have to cut the hole a bit bigger but that's ok.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #33

California
Little by little, we are making progress. Today I cleaned up the mess on the roof where the old escape hatch was. It is now ready for the hubby to install the new one. I also did a leak check on the water tank.

It leaks a lot, oh wait, that is rain. LOL It passed the leak test and is currently sitting outside with a bleach and water solution.

Once hubby got home, he got to work on the first stage of making a table/porta potty area.

Cutting the couch.

Got it all cut and he fiberglassed it back together.

Hopefully by this weekend we will be able to put the final flooring down.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:41 AM   #34

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Wow! What a deal you got! And so glad this little guy is being restored. Looks like you're doing a great job with it! Can't wait to see it all finished!
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:22 PM   #35

California
Moving right along. Today hubby finished fiberglassing the modification to the couch. He added a piece back in to kind of finish it off at the top. Still need to figure out what we want to do at the bottom. I figure run the floor panels up to the carpet.

He also patched a bad spot on the fridge area floor and put resin on the whole floor to help prolong it's life.

We decided not to put an A/C unit in the closet so he used the pieces from the couch to patch the holes in the cabinet. He still needs to work on the seems with some MarGlas.

I need to figure out a paint to paint the patches. I was thinking maybe a plasti coat paint or something like that??

I did something too. LOL I had to extend the tail light wires. Who ever removed the tail lights just cut the wires flush with the body.

Tomorrow we are going to go get tail lights and some other misc. parts I made a list of. I'm going to try to find replacement lights for the side of the kitchen upper cabinet.

Question, on the cabinet above the front window, there is a light fixture plate, but I don't know what the light is supposed to look like. Anyone have a pic they can share?

Also, on the side of the closet by the table area, there are 3 holes. 1 hole doesn't look like ti was done at the factory, but the 2 straight up and down from each other look factory. What was there?

Old 06-13-2015, 05:32 AM   #36

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
On our cabinet by the door the two vertical holes is where the fire extinguisher was mounted. When we built the new cabinet, the extinguisher had to find a new home.
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 AM   #37

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Amazing!! I am SO impressed that some people can see beyond present conditions and have a vision for what could be.
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #38

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
I really admire all your very hard work and abilities. Following along with your photos. Appreciate your sharing the experience and can't wait to see the finished beauty. A name change will be due...
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:00 PM   #39

California
Thanks everyone.

Taking a little break from working on it so I figured I'd do a quick update as of what we got done so far.

Hubby got the porta potty in.

He still needs to finish things up cosmetically. We will be making a strap out of seat belts so we can lift the toilet out of the hole. We also will be making a cover with a cushion to cover it and make it a seat. Then make a seat on the other side too and the table goes in the middle. This will come in handy so we can have a table to eat at, if we want to leave the bed in the back a bed.

I found another electric outlet box for the side, but ended up being able to just use the door off of it, so I didn't have to take my old one off.

I also installed some lights that I picked up today.

I added this one even though it wasn't supposed to be there. I wanted to be able to flip on a light before I entered the trailer.

I also fixed the porch light. It was missing a bulb. LOL

The other fixture that is supposed to be on the cabinet above the bunk beds, has no fixture, just the housing that holds it to the wall. It also doesn't have any wires that I can see anywhere up in the cabinet?? So I have no idea how a light worked in that spot before? We were going to add a light to the bottom of that cabinet, but it makes it dificult when there are no wires going in it. May scrap that idea? Still thinking it over to see if I want to run wires from another area over to it.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:18 PM   #40

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
You guys are like a whirlwind.
Very impressive, great work. You will have such a great trailer when you are done and a wonderful accomplishment.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp