I did in fact use the real small rods that were on the door window. They are the straight ones with a hole on each end. I also used the hanger that was there and fastened it to the top of each side of the new window frame with a screw. There is a screw at the top end of the window frame that holds it together, so you have to drill the hole for the hanger back a bit to stay away from it.
An important note, you should fasten the hanger first and then measure the length of the curtains, unlike me who made the curtains, then tried to hang them. I turned out they were a little too long. I sure was not going to redo them, so I had to raise the hanger and use only the bottom hole in it. I then bent over the top part. It is soft brass, so no difficulty bending them.
There was one advantage to the mistake though in that the curtains are positioned higher to the very top of the window frame so they fully cover the frame edges and screws. I took a close up of the hanger from the side that kind of makes it look crude, but the curtains actually cover everything well. It is tight up under the top cabinets so nobody will see nuttin.
On the other hand, there is nothing to keep you from using the larger rods and just extending them out to the sides a little further, as with all the other window curtains.
Photos are attached to illustrate the hanger both straight when drilled, and also when the top part is bent back over.
I then replaced the rod on the door with a top and bottom rod of the exact same style as Scamp
used for all the other windows
. I just cut them to shorten them to fit the width of the door. I now keeps them from flying around when the door is open.