LED Tape Lighting System - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
RLP

Name: Rick
Trailer: 72 Boler
British Columbia
LED Tape Lighting System

Lee Valley Tools is now carrying an LED lighting system which is a very low profile tape with adhesive back. It can be purchased by the foot or 8 foot lenghts with 3 choices for number of led's per foot. 120 volt to transformer to 12 volt or straight from 12 volt operation.

Instead of posting more description or photos, here is the Lee valley link which gives all sorts of good info.
(I can seem to get the correct link here so on the Lee valley site search for "RibbonFlex Pro™ Warm White LED Tape Lighting System".
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43349,70322

I can imagine all sorts of possibilities using this lighting system in our fiberglass eggs.
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Here is the manufacturer web site:
Armacost Lighting

I'm concerned that the instructions on Lee Valley say "Do not install this product in wet locations". Yet the Link above shows them installed in showers. No time to search this tonight, but definitely will.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I have used this product from Lee Valley as under counter lightings 4 times in the last few months on kitchens we installed. We used the brighter stuff. It works quite good, and I like their connectors to hook to the strips (no more fussy soldering like we used to do).

The strips they sell are not covered in silicon like the waterproof ones.

In the past I have ordered from BolbAmerica.com, and have gotten great service, and great quality products. They have way more selection too. I have mostly bought from Lee Valley lately, as the product is in stock here in town, and they have top notch service should anything go wrong.

Here is a shot of some LED strip lighting in my upper cabinets. I put them in 8 cabinets, and plan for some in the under-bed storage area. A toggle switch in each cabinet controls them. What a great way to win points with the wife.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLP View Post
Lee Valley Tools is now carrying an LED lighting system which is a very low profile tape with adhesive back. It can be purchased by the foot or 8 foot lenghts with 3 choices for number of led's per foot. 120 volt to transformer to 12 volt or straight from 12 volt operation.

Instead of posting more description or photos, here is the Lee valley link which gives all sorts of good info.
(I can seem to get the correct link here so on the Lee valley site search for "RibbonFlex Pro™ Warm White LED Tape Lighting System".
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43349,70322

I can imagine all sorts of possibilities using this lighting system in our fiberglass eggs.
We used the Lee Valley LED's in the range hood. Worked like a charm and ended up being the most used light in our 19'.
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Jim,
How do you access 12v in each cabinet ?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I either tied into an existing light hung under the cabinet, or fished in from a cabinet beside.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting