Like Magic! More Space! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #29
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Master of Time as well

Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Norm you are the true master of time and space! Well space, anyway.

Since I was young when my Dad died I've tried to master time as well. I quickly figured the amount of 'alive' time was limited.

As a result, in my working life I had a lot of different careers. feeling it was like living more lives. Every job lasted just about 5 years and then off in a new direction and new, fresh set of experiences. One of my early friends told me to 'maximize fun'. For me 'fun and different' are related.

As we've aged and retired, we've focused on doing more of what we like, maximizing fun and attempting to avoid negative entanglements. In a small measure this required, at least for most of the year, divorcing ourselves from our past.

I read an interesting quote from Einstein today, than an on obtuse way applies to life and avoiding negative entanglements.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein

We're now in our 14th year of 7+ months travel. We feel so blessed to have had this time. Mastering time by having fun.

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
Name: Brian
Trailer: 1990 16 ft Casita DLX #6
This thread got me thinking. Some items I use are stored in the hard to get to low shelves. I'm off the grid 95% of the time. And the comment that a microwave is redundant, especially in a limited space situation, is correct. I need the space more than the rare convenience of a microwave. So I going to convert that spot onto storage that will be used daily.

Losthwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #31
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
We've eliminated our microwave in the rig. There's nothing the microwave does, though not as cleanly, that can't be done on the stove top, plus it's extra weight.
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:56 AM   #32
Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Like Magic! More Space!

I need to build some cabinet doors. I found some matching cabinet knobs and ordered some hinges. The hard part will be matching the door panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote