Lil Snoozy bikerack - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Lil Snoozy bikerack

I just got done installing a bike rake setup on our "Lil Boozy". We bought a 2" x 18" receiver from Harbor Freight part # 97093 and welded it to the frame at the back step. We used our old Yakima bike rack, which pulls down if we needed more room to access the door. Think it will work fine. I'll try and attach photos.....
Attached Thumbnails
P1010556.jpg   P1010557.jpg  

P1010560.jpg   P1010562.jpg  

P1010563.jpg  
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I think the bike rack looks terrific. I want one too. I'm gonna have to work on my local welder and have one put on. Great job.
Ruth G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
I just got done installing a bike rake setup on our "Lil Boozy". We bought a 2" x 18" receiver from Harbor Freight part # 97093 and welded it to the frame at the back step. We used our old Yakima bike rack, which pulls down if we needed more room to access the door. Think it will work fine. I'll try and attach photos.....
I have done several receivers on the rear of trailers for bike racks. They have to be more than just butt welded to the frame, a relative had someone do that for him and it eventually broke off due to the bikes tend to bounce. A couple bikes on a rack have a lot of leverage, and on the rear of a trailer you can't see them, they can be gone and you'll never know it. Any receiver I installed, I lengthened it with 2" angle welded to the sides and bolted it to at least two cross members . On another forum someone stated that the rack manufacturers do not recommend that they be used on the rear of trailers!! I have also modified bike racks and put them on the trailer tongue, much less bouncing there. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
I noticed that the reciever is laying on the back step as well as under the trailer. Looks like a good well thought out solution.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #5

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
We just got back from a "Lil Snoozy" rally in Cherokee,NC. I experienced a lot of "sway" on this trip, which my wife correctly attributed to the bike rack.

The bikes were 32 inches out from the trailer. The combined weight of the two bikes and the rack was 92 pounds. I have since cut 10 inches off the receiver and now the rack is back as far as it will go. We still can get in the door with the rack in its upright position or pulled down. We really like having the bike rack and hope this modification and putting weight on the tongue will solve the problem. Sway is VERY unnerving.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010572.jpg   P1010577.jpg  

PA170578.jpg  
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote