Lil Snoozy Propane Furnace Installation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #21

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Finally caught up with the new thermostat in Fort Davis Texas yesterday. Just in time, too, as last night was our first no hook up site (Big Bend NP) and night time temps were in the 40s. The heater worked great, pretty quiet, about the same fan noise as our little 120v electric heater. You can hear the burner if you really listen but it's barely audible.

Battery was full yesterday afternoon from solar charging, this morning at 9:00AM we were down 18ah. That's with refrigerator and furnace running so the furnace doesn't take much power.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #22

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice Job

Denny, That looks like a real slick installation. Happy Camping
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #23

Michigan
Lil Snoozy Propane Furnace Installation

Here's why we put in the solar panel and propane heat: so we could camp in places like this.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1397625411.851317.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	69919

City of Rocks State Park, 25 miles N of Deming, NM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Snoozy on the rocks?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #25

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Aww........the Snoozy hide out.

Looks great.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #26

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
snoozy heat

Denny did you think about a( Wallas) stove/heater combo they are used in boats and cabins all over the World . I have one in my c-dory boat .It makes plenty of heat and also as a cooktop they are pretty pricey but your getting 2 appliances .I have been thinking of taking it out of my boat and using it in snoozy .Then replace the 110 v fridge with a combo 12/110 fridge and solar. We have to see how we use snoozy this summer ?
We have a propane cartridge grill for cooking and 12 v fans and now a cassette toilet that works.
So without elec. hookup no A/C, fridge (110), heat, with solar Fridge could work and with Wallas cooking and heat just some more thoughts on heating and camping .

BTW Denny what nice work you guys have done on your snoozy
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #27

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
It is perfect.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #28

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Denny did you think about a( Wallas) stove/heater combo they are used in boats and cabins all over the World . I have one in my c-dory boat .It makes plenty of heat and also as a cooktop they are pretty pricey but your getting 2 appliances .I have been thinking of taking it out of my boat and using it in snoozy .Then replace the 110 v fridge with a combo 12/110 fridge and solar. We have to see how we use snoozy this summer ?
We have a propane cartridge grill for cooking and 12 v fans and now a cassette toilet that works.
So without elec. hookup no A/C, fridge (110), heat, with solar Fridge could work and with Wallas cooking and heat just some more thoughts on heating and camping .

BTW Denny what nice work you guys have done on your snoozy

Hi Jenny, thanks for the kind words. We thought about getting a little bigger trailer but then decided the Snoozy was just right and decided to spend the $ to make it even better.

I didn't consider the Wallas but just looked them up. The only ones I found run on diesel.

We cook on an induction hot plate when plugged in and a butane unit when boondocking. The induction works great and the butane works fine too. Both are inexpensive to buy and can be stashed out of sight easily.

BTW, if you get a 12v fridge there is really no reason to get the 110v option. You already have a battery charger that can be plugged in to make 12v for the fridge.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #29

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Hi Denny, I'm fairly new here but wanted you to know, as with all your upgrades, I really enjoy reading about the additions to your Lil Snoozy. My wife and I are leaning towards the Snoozy and had the opportunity to meet Richard and tour the factory last month. We were really impressed with it and feel it will be the perfect fit for us. It's a little out of our price range so I've decided that we will order ours about half finished and will do the rest ourselves over time. I grew up building houses with my dad and actually built my home so I have enough experience to feel comfortable finishing it up and adding our own touches as you've done. Can't wait to see what you add or change next. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on how your Snoozy's doing!
greg489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #30

Michigan
Hi Greg, I bought ours without the couch, bed, battery and charger.

One if the reasons we chose the Snoozy was the composite construction. You can fasten stuff to the walls or ceiling anywhere. It's a great blank canvas to make your own.

Be sure you post pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 AM   #31

NC
Will do. I've already sent several designs to Richard showing him how we want the kitchen side constructed. Just the framing. I'm going to build all the doors and drawers myself. We will be adding the Truck fridge but relocating it next to the entry door and moving a larger sink over where the fridge was. My wife doesn't like the idea of the sink sitting up in the corner and the faucet sideways. Other changes will include a large pullout drawer under the bed, two large pullout drawers under the sofa (going to eliminate the fresh water tank), and all drawers in the lower entertainment cabinets. I'm trying to eliminate any bending or squatting down since I've recently had total knee replacement in both knees. Basically we are having just the framing for things inside so they can run the electrical for me. But, we are still a good ways away from an actual purchase. Still have two boys in college, but we are definitely holding out for the Snoozy. Thanks for the reply and happy camping. I enjoy your other site too.
greg489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #32

NC
Here's the layout we are considering for the kitchen side of the Snoozy. Of course the picture doesn't show the sink or fridge in their new location but you get the idea about the wider center cabinet to accomodate the microwave and save our backs Windows would need to be ordered slightly narrower in width to make room for the cabinet. Just one of many ideas we are toying around with before beginning the build. Photoshop & Illustrator are wonderful tools for visually working out ideas.
Attached Thumbnails
Lil-Snoozy-Kitchen-Design-FGRV.jpg   New-Center-Cabinet--DesignFGRV.jpg  

Old 09-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #33

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg489 View Post
Here's the layout we are considering for the kitchen side of the Snoozy. Of course the picture doesn't show the sink or fridge in their new location but you get the idea about the wider center cabinet to accomodate the microwave and save our backs Windows would need to be ordered slightly narrower in width to make room for the cabinet. Just one of many ideas we are toying around with before beginning the build. Photoshop & Illustrator are wonderful tools for visually working out ideas.
Greg there is a used snooz for sale that will be at the Cherokee rally
Old 09-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #34

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
These are the mods I was planning: Lil Snoozy Floorplan 2.pdf (Done in Excel and saved as PDF)
Old 09-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #35

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Here is the way we were able to move the microwave up, by using HEHR crank out windows instead of the slider windows, that were 6" shorter in height, so large upper cabinets could be used. Snoozy factory had to install the air conditioner 6" lower than their usual install.
Planning is fun isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01419.jpg   photo 2_2.JPG  

photo 4_2.JPG   DSC01429.jpg  

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #36

Registry
this is all just fantastic David I wish i could let you have at mine .
Old 09-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #37

NC
BAMA don't think I can make it. What year Snoozy?

Dave: Your ideas inspired me. My wifey likes the center cabinet so I am working around that.

The best idea will be relocating our sink so it's in the normal position and not up in the corner sideways. I will also install a larger & deeper sink bowl too.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #38

NC
Deb: That is a nice layout. Has it already been built? We are considering the Froli bed springs too. Dave brought this nifty product to my attention and it would make for a lighter bed weight so one could enter the under bed storage area from the top ~ with the help of hydraulic shocks.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #39

Registry
Quote:
bama don't think i can make it. What year snoozy?

Dave: Your ideas inspired me. My wifey likes the center cabinet so i am working around that.

The best idea will be relocating our sink so it's in the normal position and not up in the corner sideways. I will also install a larger & deeper sink bowl too.
2012 #133 how far do you live from Cherokee North Carolina ?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #40

NC
Almost 4 hour drive. Over 200 miles.

Tags
furnace, lil snoozy, propane