Little Taurus - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #15
Name: Setnie
Trailer: 1985 Taurus
Somewhere nice
its crazy actually, the various economical and amazing styles of caravans available in Europe is astounding... but we just cannot seem to get them here.... sigh.
I am a neophyte regarding fibreglass.... thankfully I have a dad who rolls his eyes at my shenanigans.... i have no clue. I have read so many posts and forums saying I need to wash the walls with tsp or scrubbing bubbles before I adhere anything else, others that say certain glues will not hold up, issues with the stickiness of the remaining residue from the nightmare that was on the walls previously.... I was excited a few days ago, now that I am ready for wall covering I am terrified! yikes. I was more content when I had no internet access! LOL. Ignorance truly was bliss....

Setnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #16
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
[QUOTE=mary and bob;586120]
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Scamp is the only trailer where we refer to the marine grade headliner material as Rat Fur.

Actually we in the Fiberglass trailer world think of only Scamp's when the discussion of Rat Fur come up BUT there are SOB of trailers that also have rat fur/marine headliner on the walls and their user groups refer to it as such as well.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:14 AM   #17
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
BUT there are SOB of trailers that also have rat fur/marine headliner on the walls and their user groups refer to it as such as well.
I wonder if they knew Pete Dumbleton who coined the phrase "Rat Fur"?
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #18
Name: Setnie
Trailer: 1985 Taurus
Somewhere nice
Well progressing as well as I can while learning as I go. Thanks to the folks who helped suggest similar trailers. I have stripped the interior with infinite patience due to there not being a single screw or bolt that matched. The previous owner did a modification and drilled holes for 4 fuel lines (1 was necessary), nailed the floor sheeting through the fiberglassing (so lots of little holes to fill). And had 5 different holes in the shell for water..... (1 is needed).
Regardless, thanks the the folks who posted tips and suggestions on how to fiberglass.
I found a product called thermozite thermal and acoustic insulation out of Burbank that sells for $12 a yard. In Canada the same is $33 a yard.... So to the US I go. My savings will pay for a vacation.
I will post photos when I can. My phone doesn't like the forum format.
But if anyone has advice on replacing window seals please comment or pm.
This kid needs all the help she can get because dad is sick in bed all week. Poor old dude. Cancer sucks. Otherwise have a great weekend.

Setnie is offline   Reply With Quote