Look what followed.. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
Look what followed me home! I'm not very good at this picture stuff, so I hope this works. We got home at 2pm, and already part of the floor is up. Those cabinets doors gotta go too!
Vicki

Attached Images

Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
WOW, it followed you? Congrat's and Enjoy! Take lot's of pictures of your projects. Why are you pulling the floor? Issues?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
The cabinet doors: Wow!

Congrats on your new baby. Can't wait to see the project develop.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Nice rig.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #5

Thanks gang!! Pulling the floor because.. it felt soft in front of the step up, felt I needed to know what was going on. Besides - they STAPLED the linoleum . I'll probably put down that new vinyl stuff, just put it in a cabin we have, It's a floating floor, so a piece can be replace easily if need be. I'll use the one that looks like pine planks - I think?
Vicki
Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #6

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Congrats on acquiring a great looking little trailer. The HUGE !! window on the kitchen side is the largest I have ever seen. I think windows make our trailers more liveable and I really do like the one you have ( and am a little envious ). Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
they STAPLED the linoleum .
Vicki
Gads! What some people won't do. LOL

Good Luck! Keep the pic's coming!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #8

Trailer: Perris Pacer
Quote:
Look what followed me home! I'm not very good at this picture stuff, so I hope this works. We got home at 2pm, and already part of the floor is up. Those cabinets doors gotta go too!
Vicki
Congrat's and Enjoy!
Hi I just got my too this last monday is a 82 perry pacer , I demo all the interior out exept for the fiberglass removed all the carpet flooring and walls , is going to be a project
Alfredo garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Kenny D.
Quote:
Congrat's and Enjoy!
Hi I just got my too this last monday is a 82 perry pacer , I demo all the interior out exept for the fiberglass removed all the carpet flooring and walls , is going to be a project
Great going Alfredo. Take pictures and share. We all aprpeciate the mods and the great ideas.
K&C
Kenny D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #10

Can't wait to see what you are doing, Alfredo! I also have carpet (vehicle?) on the walls and ceiling, it will come down next week. I have no insulation - still debating about what to do. Good luck on your job!!
Vicki
Old 12-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #11

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Quote:
Can't wait to see what you are doing, Alfredo! I also have carpet (vehicle?) on the walls and ceiling, it will come down next week. I have no insulation - still debating about what to do. Good luck on your job!!
Vicki
Vicki & Aalfredo,
Keep me posted on what you do with your carpted walls, Alfredo. I've got one sitting in my garage, waiting for me to come up with a plan to take down the old shag carpet walls (and here I thought it was original on the Perris until I looked more closely at the original brochure, showing a white ensolite like wall covering and not a horrible rust like shag carpetted wall!).Yesterday, I was looking at another thread on this site, speaking about where to buy new ensolite or some other stuff called vibro foam (maybe I'm not recalling that exact name!). I just can't picture cutting out a rectangle for each of the walls and trying to make those curves fit in the corners. Anybody out there that can help with that? I guess I will use my soon to be torn off shag walls as my template. Hmmmm.
Any help and pictures will be appreciated!
Good luck to all of us!
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #12

Vickie and Alfredo, You both need to post on the General Chat forum about your "new" egg's so everyone can Congratulate and Welcome you here. (pic's toooooo!)

Unfortunately not all forum members will see your post here on Modifications forum. We all don't have mods to do, so might not frequent this forum so they might miss the chance to say, Congrats! and Welcome.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #13

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Barbara,

It might help you to look at a Boler/clone that has the factory Ensolite.

I've seen two different layouts (on different years) for how they cut the panels, but both of them made the panels fit to the shape of the trailer.

To gloss over the details and give you a general idea:

1) A panel does the ceiling and comes down on the sides about to the "edge" of the roof. It tapers, football style, into the front and rear windows where it dies out at the top outside corner of the window.

2) There is a vertical seam near each of the four vertical corners that divides lower panels. That seam goes up until it hits the "football" seam that has come along the ceiling edge.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:43 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Vickie! Congrats on your Perris Pacer. Wishing you tons of fun during the rehab and lots of happy camping memories! You'll be surprised how much fun you can have in 13 feet! L 'n D
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #15

Trailer: Perris Pacer
Quote:
Vicki
Hi everybody
I prime all the inside with kills but the floor. I do that on saturday
My floor is not bad but Im going to prep it ., litle bit of bondo will work on some areas
Im thinking of using resilient flooring its vinyl but it comes in planks that look like wood. you can get that stuff in home depot . I think is more practical it is a floating floor I just get 1/4 round to holded
sorry about the pictures I just can't upload them.
Alfredo garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #16

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Quote:
Barbara,

It might help you to look at a Boler/clone that has the factory Ensolite.

I've seen two different layouts (on different years) for how they cut the panels, but both of them made the panels fit to the shape of the trailer.

To gloss over the details and give you a general idea:

1) A panel does the ceiling and comes down on the sides about to the "edge" of the roof. It tapers, football style, into the front and rear windows where it dies out at the top outside corner of the window.

2) There is a vertical seam near each of the four vertical corners that divides lower panels. That seam goes up until it hits the "football" seam that has come along the ceiling edge.

Raya
Thanks for your response, Raya.
I can't quite visualize the top panel tapering into football style...but maybe it will become more apparent to me when I rip off the shag walls. I'm curious what Alfredo does with his, as he's definitely taking off his wall lining. Maybe I'll write him directly rather than hope he sees my posting...sounds like he might have his hands full with the Perris job and no time to read!!!
Hope to meet you one day, in the 'lower 48'!
BB
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #17

Name: Gardnpondr
Trailer: 1985 BigFoot G
Mississippi
Is that a window unit AC on the tongue? Is it vented through the floor or something?
Gardnpondr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 AM   #18

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That thread was done back in 2009 and the O.P hasn't been around since last July, so you may or may not get a reply.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #19

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Tongue Air Conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardnpondr View Post
Is that a window unit AC on the tongue? Is it vented through the floor or something?
I know one member of this forum that mounted a window air conditioner on their tongue in the battery location. He built a fiberglass enclosure to cover the unit, a 5000 BTU unit, venting is thru the back/bottom, water drains out the bottom like usual for a window unit.

Our son's Casita 16 had the front air conditioner that vented thru the front of the Casita. Front air conditioners and our bottom of the closet air cool better with a small fan blowing the cool air about.

These 5000 btu air conditioners only draw about 5 amps.

There are many people who've mounted small air conditioners in various ways in small trailers.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #20

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
nice reg
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote