Looking for Door Seal for Trillium!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
Member
 
Jeff Johannsen's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
even though I've redone 4 Trilliums so far I haven't had to replace the door seal on any until NOW..Was wondering if anyone has found a source on one that matches the orginal one..I tried to replace one on a Scamp once and could never find the right one that fit perfectly and that bothered me all the way up until I sold it..Haven't lost sleep since until now and now I'm looking for one hope someone out there can help me out..Thanks You
SLEEPLESS IN ALABAMA
Try calling the folks at: www.trilliumrv.com I have been told that they do have parts such as the seal. Let us know how your dealings with them come out.
__________________

__________________
Jeff Johannsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Johannsen View Post
Try calling the folks at: www.trilliumrv.com I have been told that they do have parts such as the seal. Let us know how your dealings with them come out.
I've had really "BAD" experience with them in the past and had hoped I would never have to deal with them again..I tried to order hinges from them and it took several phone calls with no response, left I don't know how many messages and took several weeks before I finally got them, I think it was over 3 months even..I got 2 sets from McMaster-Car but now the 3/8 offset hinge that fits the Trillium can only be bought through Trillium they have those cornered up, so I had to deal with them..One thing at that time they were just getting started and had alot on thier plate and told me that was the reason they were so hard to get in touch with.. Might have been the truth I don't know..When it comes time for me to get the door seal and "IF" I haven't found it else where I will try them as a last resort....
__________________

__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
Well 3 phone calls in 3 days and 5 e-mails in 5 days and still nothing from Trillium RV people, they said "leave me your number and we will call you back"...YEA SURE HEARD THAT BIG BUNCH OF CRAP BEFORE..I'm totally done with that bunch and hope to never have to deal with them again...And the problem was I knew better than to deal with that bunch......
So I bought a 250' roll of TrimLok door seal off E-bay...So if anyone needs to replace thiers let me know and I'll not only return all e-mails I'll make you a racehorse deal..Waiting on it to get here and see how good it works..I'll post a picture of the profile and a picture with it installed later on...THANKS RANDY
__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #18
Member
 
Jeff Johannsen's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium
Posts: 37
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Well 3 phone calls in 3 days and 5 e-mails in 5 days and still nothing from Trillium RV people, they said "leave me your number and we will call you back"...YEA SURE HEARD THAT BIG BUNCH OF CRAP BEFORE..I'm totally done with that bunch and hope to never have to deal with them again...And the problem was I knew better than to deal with that bunch......
RANDY
I was wondering how it would turn out.

I'm curious, if they have a business, they must want to DO business. Does the management know what is going on? I've had the call back promise too. A real disappointment.
__________________
Jeff Johannsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
I think they are more worried about selling new RV's and could care less about selling parts or customer service..I don't think I would recommend them to anyone for anything.....Just wish there was somewhere else that sold the hinges thats the only part that seems to be locked up by them..
__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #20
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,055
Trilliumrv, don't get me started!....

Randy, were the seals I pointed out at Mcmaster Carr not the right ones?. I'm curious as they look like what we have on our 2010. Raz
__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Posts: 163
Randy, hinges are available from Trillium Outback in Calgry. Very different company than Trilliumrv! I ordered hinges from Joe @ Outback this spring, he was prompt with both returning my phone calls and shipping my order, great to talk to, and CHEAP. I think he prefers phone calls to more high tech means of communication.
Trillium Trailers - Contact Team Trillium
__________________
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Trilliumrv, don't get me started!....

Randy, were the seals I pointed out at Mcmaster Carr not the right ones?. I'm curious as they look like what we have on our 2010. Raz
The ones I looked at on the McMaster-Carr website didn't seem to fit the bill, I needed one that had a 3/8" gap and a 3/8" bulb gasket..The TrimLok Trim Seal I ordered has that plus it covers 5/8" around the door opening..Don't know if you have ever used and TrimLok but it some high quaility stuff, I really think it will be better than the orginal..This is what I bought the (A) part is 3/8" also....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Attached Images
 
__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #23
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
The ones I looked at on the McMaster-Carr website didn't seem to fit the bill, I needed one that had a 3/8" gap and a 3/8" bulb gasket..The TrimLok Trim Seal I ordered has that plus it covers 5/8" around the door opening..Don't know if you have ever used and TrimLok but it some high quaility stuff, I really think it will be better than the orginal..This is what I bought the (A) part is 3/8" also....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Interesting, the bulb size on mine is 3/4" and since mine is a 2010 I have to assume that's what they are still using.
__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
RAZ....I've read "ALL" your post and I can only imagine how flustrated you've been with them...If I had to go through what you've been through I don't know if I wouldn't have just set fire to the thing..Hopefully you've bout got all the bugs worked out with the thing and I know from reading there's been some whoopers with that one..Good Luck....
__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #25
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
RAZ....I've read "ALL" your post and I can only imagine how flustrated you've been with them...If I had to go through what you've been through I don't know if I wouldn't have just set fire to the thing..Hopefully you've bout got all the bugs worked out with the thing and I know from reading there's been some whoopers with that one..Good Luck....
Thanks for the kind words. I am just getting to the door hinge repair. As I have to remove the wall covering i will probably check the belly band there too. Then there are two more windows to check.......
__________________
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: Trillium 1977 1300
New York
Posts: 6
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Hi Randy...do you have or know where I can get the seal on the door of a '77 1300? The seal on the shell is good. Thanks, John.
__________________
RixyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by RixyRV View Post
Hi Randy...do you have or know where I can get the seal on the door of a '77 1300? The seal on the shell is good. Thanks, John.

Don't really know where the one that goes on the door can be found luckily mine are still in good shape..I did find these on e-bay that I thought I might try if I found I needed one.....................

RV TEARDROP TRAILER NEOPRENE DOOR SEAL | eBay

RV TEARDROP TRAILER NEOPRENE SMALL DOOR SEAL | eBay
__________________
Randy Bishop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Chris McVeigh's Avatar
 
Name: Chris
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Nova Scotia
Posts: 103
Registry
I replaced the seal on the door with self adhesive foam weather stripping available at any hardware store. I think I had to buy two packages to go completely around.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1847 (Small).jpg  
__________________

__________________
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boler door seal RogerH Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 3 04-02-2012 07:33 PM
Scamp Door Seal Parker Buckley Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 16 10-11-2011 10:55 AM
Trillium 1300 Rubber Door Seal georgia g Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 0 07-28-2009 06:51 PM
Door won't seal. carole sullivan Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 14 06-21-2007 01:02 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.