Looking for Door Seal for Trillium!! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Randy, hinges are available from Trillium Outback in Calgry. Very different company than Trilliumrv! I ordered hinges from Joe @ Outback this spring, he was prompt with both returning my phone calls and shipping my order, great to talk to, and CHEAP. I think he prefers phone calls to more high tech means of communication.
Trillium Trailers - Contact Team Trillium
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #22

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Trilliumrv, don't get me started!....

Randy, were the seals I pointed out at Mcmaster Carr not the right ones?. I'm curious as they look like what we have on our 2010. Raz
The ones I looked at on the McMaster-Carr website didn't seem to fit the bill, I needed one that had a 3/8" gap and a 3/8" bulb gasket..The TrimLok Trim Seal I ordered has that plus it covers 5/8" around the door opening..Don't know if you have ever used and TrimLok but it some high quaility stuff, I really think it will be better than the orginal..This is what I bought the (A) part is 3/8" also....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Attached Images

Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #23
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
The ones I looked at on the McMaster-Carr website didn't seem to fit the bill, I needed one that had a 3/8" gap and a 3/8" bulb gasket..The TrimLok Trim Seal I ordered has that plus it covers 5/8" around the door opening..Don't know if you have ever used and TrimLok but it some high quaility stuff, I really think it will be better than the orginal..This is what I bought the (A) part is 3/8" also....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Interesting, the bulb size on mine is 3/4" and since mine is a 2010 I have to assume that's what they are still using.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #24

RAZ....I've read "ALL" your post and I can only imagine how flustrated you've been with them...If I had to go through what you've been through I don't know if I wouldn't have just set fire to the thing..Hopefully you've bout got all the bugs worked out with the thing and I know from reading there's been some whoopers with that one..Good Luck....
Old 07-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #25
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
RAZ....I've read "ALL" your post and I can only imagine how flustrated you've been with them...If I had to go through what you've been through I don't know if I wouldn't have just set fire to the thing..Hopefully you've bout got all the bugs worked out with the thing and I know from reading there's been some whoopers with that one..Good Luck....
Thanks for the kind words. I am just getting to the door hinge repair. As I have to remove the wall covering i will probably check the belly band there too. Then there are two more windows to check.......
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Trillium 1977 1300
New York
Registry
Quote:
....If anyone wants to replace thier old door seal shoot me a PM..I GOT A BUNCH 250' of the stuff
Hi Randy...do you have or know where I can get the seal on the door of a '77 1300? The seal on the shell is good. Thanks, John.
RixyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixyRV View Post
Hi Randy...do you have or know where I can get the seal on the door of a '77 1300? The seal on the shell is good. Thanks, John.

Don't really know where the one that goes on the door can be found luckily mine are still in good shape..I did find these on e-bay that I thought I might try if I found I needed one.....................

RV TEARDROP TRAILER NEOPRENE DOOR SEAL | eBay

RV TEARDROP TRAILER NEOPRENE SMALL DOOR SEAL | eBay
Old 09-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #28

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
I replaced the seal on the door with self adhesive foam weather stripping available at any hardware store. I think I had to buy two packages to go completely around.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1847 (Small).jpg  
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris McVeigh View Post
I replaced the seal on the door with self adhesive foam weather stripping available at any hardware store. I think I had to buy two packages to go completely around.
Can't really tell what the looks like can you provide a little more information please..THANKS RANDY
Old 10-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #30

Name: Larry
Trailer: Volvo 245 pulling '71 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Randy,
Will that seal work on any year/model? We just bought a '71 1300 and it does not have any seal on the body around the door. SOmeone has put stick-on foam strips on the inside of the door itself but I'm guessing this will make a terrible seal.

This is my first post of what will likely be many. I'm off to the introduction section to post pictures now :-)

Thanks
coalminecanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
Hi Randy,
Will that seal work on any year/model? We just bought a '71 1300 and it does not have any seal on the body around the door. SOmeone has put stick-on foam strips on the inside of the door itself but I'm guessing this will make a terrible seal.

This is my first post of what will likely be many. I'm off to the introduction section to post pictures now :-)

Thanks
Yea I'm sure it will work used it on my 1976 trillium 1300..how much you want and where you located...I'll take $15 for it including the shipping if your in the US
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #32

Name: Larry
Trailer: Volvo 245 pulling '71 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Registry
I'll measure the door opening today. I'm in Canada and will cover the extra shipping charges. I will PM you more details. Thanks!
coalminecanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #33

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
Quote:
Can't really tell what the looks like can you provide a little more information please..THANKS RANDY
Hi Randy

The seal on the door is foam tape 1/4" x 3/4" . I used super glue where the ends came together and a small spot or two where it didn't hold but otherwise it was just peel and stick. Of course make sure the surface is clean.
This photo might help
Attached Thumbnails
2011-10-14 16.50.01.jpg  
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium