Looking for Door Seal for Trillium!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Looking for Door Seal for Trillium!!

even though I've redone 4 Trilliums so far I haven't had to replace the door seal on any until NOW..Was wondering if anyone has found a source on one that matches the orginal one..I tried to replace one on a Scamp once and could never find the right one that fit perfectly and that bothered me all the way up until I sold it..Haven't lost sleep since until now and now I'm looking for one hope someone out there can help me out..Thanks You
SLEEPLESS IN ALABAMA
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Hi Randy,
I doubt there was actually a 'Trillium' door seal as such. Since most of the non fiberglass items were sourced from regular suppliers (outside door hinges from a commercial fridge) I assume the door seal came from another automotive application and they bought it by the roll. Have you taken a sample to Napa or CarQuest to see if they have that in stock or give you an idea of the supplier? I know you're the 'Trillium' expert and have probably done this but just tossing is out.
Good luck,
Barrie
HikeSticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hi Randy, try Mcmaster Carr. Search bulb seals. I think the edge grip seals might be what you want? It looks like what they used on ours. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Raz.... I did the search you recommended and there is plenty to pick from...... good find
Click on any of the pictures or items on the left of the page for many more variations.
I'm saving that site....
Thanks
Joe

McMaster-Carr
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #5

Name: Rod
Trailer: 2014 GWV Trillium Sidekick 1500
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
...I tried to replace one on a Scamp once and could never find the right one that fit perfectly and that bothered me all the way up until I sold it..Haven't lost sleep since until now ...
Randy, I know what you mean. Funny, I have been loosing sleep over my Trillium renos and not my bills, although they are adding up from the Trillium renos. I still hope to prove my wife wrong for everytime I have had to hear her say "...you shoulda just bought a new one...", but now I am not so sure...

My RV parts dealer (my wife calls them my pusher due to them helping me with my Trillium adiction) has a bunch of different ones in stock. I was looking through their samples and I am pretty sure I saw one that looked like it might be the same, but my door seal is in perfect shape (sorry not trying to rub it in) so I can't get a definitive look at the profile. Can you send a picture of the profile?

~Rod

I am a Trilliumaire - I can go camping anytime, any place, anywhere.
Rodre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodre View Post
Randy, I know what you mean. Funny, I have been loosing sleep over my Trillium renos and not my bills, although they are adding up from the Trillium renos. I still hope to prove my wife wrong for everytime I have had to hear her say "...you shoulda just bought a new one...", but now I am not so sure...

My RV parts dealer (my wife calls them my pusher due to them helping me with my Trillium adiction) has a bunch of different ones in stock. I was looking through their samples and I am pretty sure I saw one that looked like it might be the same, but my door seal is in perfect shape (sorry not trying to rub it in) so I can't get a definitive look at the profile. Can you send a picture of the profile?

~Rod

I've really haven't looked too much for the seal just posted on here and was hoping someone had already found a source, been really busy trying to get the shell painted and back on the frame....Here's a photo of the seal the part that slips onto the camper is 3/8" and the bulb seal seams to be about the same......

Here you go.............
Attached Thumbnails
003.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #7

I found a TrimLok seal that really would have done the trick much better than this one... but they would only sells 250' min. roll at $1.11 per/ft waaaaaay tooo much for me...Hopefully I'll find something before I get to that point or maybe someone else will find it maybe even "YOU"..HA! HA!

Thanks
Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #8

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
I found a TrimLok seal that really would have done the trick much better than this one... but they would only sells 250' min. roll at $1.11 per/ft waaaaaay tooo much for me...Hopefully I'll find something before I get to that point or maybe someone else will find it maybe even "YOU"..HA! HA!

Thanks
250' minimum order? that's it? I thought that would have been enough for 3 or so months of your renos maybe we should get together and buy a thousand foot roll? Between you controlling Trillium purchases and renos in the southeast and me ramping up my acquisitions in the northwest we should be able to chew though that in no time

I'll check with my pusher this weekend.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #9

Quote:
250' minimum order? that's it? I thought that would have been enough for 3 or so months of your renos maybe we should get together and buy a thousand foot roll? Between you controlling Trillium purchases and renos in the southeast and me ramping up my acquisitions in the northwest we should be able to chew though that in no time

I'll check with my pusher this weekend.

Thanks I would appreciate it.........How many Trilliums you got!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
I found a TrimLok seal that really would have done the trick much better than this one... but they would only sells 250' min. roll at $1.11 per/ft waaaaaay tooo much for me
If you have the part # you should be able to find someone that sells it by the foot. Have you asked Trimlock for retailers that carry this product?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 AM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
It was a little pricey ($75.00 + $25.00 delivered to Ontario) but I got mine right from Trillium in Alberta. It is what they use currently.

I don't have a piece left to show you the profile but it is very much like the one you pictured and fits just fine.
freddie b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #12

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Thanks I would appreciate it.........How many Trilliums you got!!!
I currently only own one, but I am looking to buy more. My plan is to reduce my carbon footprint by purchasing Trilliums in need of either repair or renovation to keep them on the road for another 30 years instead of being scrapped - not for profit. I currently can only take on projects that don't need to be painted because I am not good at painting and it is too costly to get them painted and I haven't found anyone yet that wants to contribute to my project by doing the painting. I, like yourself, enjoy working on the Trilliums and hunting for parts as I work behind a desk all day at work and this keeps me moving.

I also enjoy camping and being out in the wilderness so I figured I would combine the two things I enjoyed doing and hopefully help the environment to some degree and get people out in the fresh air at the same time - hopefully families with kids. I think camping helps a family bond and build lasting memories. I look only to try and make about $300-$500 per unit to cover my cash expenses like gas and other parts I have to pay cash for. Considering it takes me about 200-300 hours, or possibly more, to do the renovations, as I am super meticulous and try to get everyone coming out looking like brand new, and I want to make sure they last with no leaks, so this is definitely not for profit.

So that is my story but I will mention that the front dinnette model I have been looking for is for myself as the wife and I have no children yet and that floor plan would suit us better. Cheers!

Old 07-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #13

Quote:
I currently only own one, but I am looking to buy more. My plan is to reduce my carbon footprint by purchasing Trilliums in need of either repair or renovation to keep them on the road for another 30 years instead of being scrapped - not for profit. I currently can only take on projects that don't need to be painted because I am not good at painting and it is too costly to get them painted and I haven't found anyone yet that wants to contribute to my project by doing the painting. I, like yourself, enjoy working on the Trilliums and hunting for parts as I work behind a desk all day at work and this keeps me moving.

I also enjoy camping and being out in the wilderness so I figured I would combine the two things I enjoyed doing and hopefully help the environment to some degree and get people out in the fresh air at the same time - hopefully families with kids. I think camping helps a family bond and build lasting memories. I look only to try and make about $300-$500 per unit to cover my cash expenses like gas and other parts I have to pay cash for. Considering it takes me about 200-300 hours, or possibly more, to do the renovations, as I am super meticulous and try to get everyone coming out looking like brand new, and I want to make sure they last with no leaks, so this is definitely not for profit.

So that is my story but I will mention that the front dinnette model I have been looking for is for myself as the wife and I have no children yet and that floor plan would suit us better. Cheers!

I had found the one you were looking for one with the front dinnette..It was in South Carolina the guy only wanted $1300 we came to a agreement and I was making plans on going over there to get it in a couple of days when I menition this website and the ones I already had...BIG MISTAKE on my part..After he looked on here he called back and said he and his brother had decided to keep it...I've never had a front dinnette or even seen inside one until I saw pictures of that one....
Old 07-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #14

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
I had found the one you were looking for one with the front dinnette..It was in South Carolina the guy only wanted $1300 we came to a agreement and I was making plans on going over there to get it in a couple of days when I menition this website and the ones I already had...BIG MISTAKE on my part..After he looked on here he called back and said he and his brother had decided to keep it...I've never had a front dinnette or even seen inside one until I saw pictures of that one....
Yeah, I know how that feels, the last 2 FD models I came accross got sold out from underneath me. One I was on my way to the bank to get cash after having viewed it and the guy called me and said he just sold it to a guy who showed up with the cash and the second one I was accross the country on a business trip and I called the guy and talked to him for about 20 minutes on the phone. He agreed to hold it for me until I got back 3 days later. When I got back he didn't return my calls and then emailed me to tell me that he sold it

I guess those ones were not for me. I know there is one out there with my name on it, I just have to find it. Worse case scenario I guess I could always buy a new one but I figured I would look for an older model one first.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #15

Trailer: 1978 Trillium
Quote:
even though I've redone 4 Trilliums so far I haven't had to replace the door seal on any until NOW..Was wondering if anyone has found a source on one that matches the orginal one..I tried to replace one on a Scamp once and could never find the right one that fit perfectly and that bothered me all the way up until I sold it..Haven't lost sleep since until now and now I'm looking for one hope someone out there can help me out..Thanks You
SLEEPLESS IN ALABAMA
Try calling the folks at: www.trilliumrv.com I have been told that they do have parts such as the seal. Let us know how your dealings with them come out.
Jeff Johannsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Johannsen View Post
Try calling the folks at: www.trilliumrv.com I have been told that they do have parts such as the seal. Let us know how your dealings with them come out.
I've had really "BAD" experience with them in the past and had hoped I would never have to deal with them again..I tried to order hinges from them and it took several phone calls with no response, left I don't know how many messages and took several weeks before I finally got them, I think it was over 3 months even..I got 2 sets from McMaster-Car but now the 3/8 offset hinge that fits the Trillium can only be bought through Trillium they have those cornered up, so I had to deal with them..One thing at that time they were just getting started and had alot on thier plate and told me that was the reason they were so hard to get in touch with.. Might have been the truth I don't know..When it comes time for me to get the door seal and "IF" I haven't found it else where I will try them as a last resort....
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #17

Well 3 phone calls in 3 days and 5 e-mails in 5 days and still nothing from Trillium RV people, they said "leave me your number and we will call you back"...YEA SURE HEARD THAT BIG BUNCH OF CRAP BEFORE..I'm totally done with that bunch and hope to never have to deal with them again...And the problem was I knew better than to deal with that bunch......
So I bought a 250' roll of TrimLok door seal off E-bay...So if anyone needs to replace thiers let me know and I'll not only return all e-mails I'll make you a racehorse deal..Waiting on it to get here and see how good it works..I'll post a picture of the profile and a picture with it installed later on...THANKS RANDY
Old 07-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #18

Trailer: 1978 Trillium
Yep!

Quote:
Well 3 phone calls in 3 days and 5 e-mails in 5 days and still nothing from Trillium RV people, they said "leave me your number and we will call you back"...YEA SURE HEARD THAT BIG BUNCH OF CRAP BEFORE..I'm totally done with that bunch and hope to never have to deal with them again...And the problem was I knew better than to deal with that bunch......
RANDY
I was wondering how it would turn out.

I'm curious, if they have a business, they must want to DO business. Does the management know what is going on? I've had the call back promise too. A real disappointment.
Jeff Johannsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #19

I think they are more worried about selling new RV's and could care less about selling parts or customer service..I don't think I would recommend them to anyone for anything.....Just wish there was somewhere else that sold the hinges thats the only part that seems to be locked up by them..
Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 AM   #20
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Trilliumrv, don't get me started!....

Randy, were the seals I pointed out at Mcmaster Carr not the right ones?. I'm curious as they look like what we have on our 2010. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium