Originally Posted by Dave Bese
Fine job; could you list part numbers? I checked the site and there are several variants of parts.
Dave, This is a suggested parts list using 4 1/2 digit red panel meters from http://LightObject.com
. Stock and availability seem to fluctuate a bit so I would suggest calling the company and asking them about what you want to do before you order. Different sizes and LED colors are available but not always listed on the site. The meters I used are no longer available.
4 1/2 digit red 20A current meter EPM-8145R20A
4 1/2 digit red 20V voltage meter EPM-8145R20V
20A Shunt (Must match meter.) ES20A
12V to 12V isolation module EPS-1212CSW2
And some other notes:
1) The panel is a 10" x 4" piece of .032 brass available at many hobby and hardware stores. The meters snap in place, so I had to use a nibbler to rough cut the openings and then a file get the exact fit.
2) The frame for the panel is a simple box out of 1 x 2 stock. I fastened it to the partition with small "L" braces.
3) The wire from the battery
to the shunt and power switch should be fairly big. 8 gauge is recommended.
4) The current meter will be destroyed if it is not isolated. Make sure you use the module.
4) Electronic parts hate to be wired wrong and this will usually turn them into useless hunks of smoking junk. Check your work carefully.
Hopefully this helps. If you have any more questions, let me know.