making my camper a little prettier and more versatile - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
making my camper a little prettier and more versatile

made the front "couch" a little more useful. Ignore the "curtains" that's just the fabric draped so that I can see what it looks like. curtains to come!

dinette
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1724.jpg

couch
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1726.jpg

bunk beds
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1729.jpg

also gave the back dinette area a little flare with the orange table. this is most likely going to be a BED most of the time but figured I'd make it pretty anyway in case I had GUESTS!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1727.jpg

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1728.jpg

This is still very much a work in progress as I'm sure you can see but all in due time. so far I LOVE IT!!
__________________

__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Thomas G.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Posts: 5,103
Nice work. Thanks for the pictures. They give other ideas to work from.
__________________

__________________
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,440
Looking good....................
__________________
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Member
 
Name: Julie
Trailer: 13' 2007 Scamp without bathroom
Arizona
Posts: 34
Very cute ! I love seeing how others are prettying up their space.
__________________
realgranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Posts: 378
Its so fun to see how other people dress up their campers. Very cute!
__________________
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Nice work. Thanks for the pictures. They give other ideas to work from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Looking good....................
Quote:
Originally Posted by realgranola View Post
Very cute ! I love seeing how others are prettying up their space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoss View Post
Its so fun to see how other people dress up their campers. Very cute!

thanks everyone!! I can't wait to show you the finished product!!
__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Pam Garlow's Avatar
 
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Posts: 3,220
Registry
Ana, what is your table made from and how did you paint it?
__________________
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
it's the table that came with the camper... it's fiberboard covered in laminate but I sanded the laminate down and painted the whole table with krylon orange gloss spray paint one WHOLE can of it.
__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
or it might be rustoleum paint. I forget. sorry.
__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Whatever brand you used .. doesn't matter it looks great
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
Thanks!
__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Name: kat
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Posts: 28
krylon--great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
it's the table that came with the camper... it's fiberboard covered in laminate but I sanded the laminate down and painted the whole table with krylon orange gloss spray paint one WHOLE can of it.
I love that orange. After sanding, did the paint turn out that smooth and shiny with or without some kind of buffing?
__________________
katg2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #13
bec
Senior Member
 
Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Posts: 155
Pretty camper !

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
made the front "couch" a little more useful. Ignore the "curtains" that's just the fabric draped so that I can see what it looks like. curtains to come!

dinette
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1724.jpg

couch
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1726.jpg

bunk beds
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1729.jpg

also gave the back dinette area a little flare with the orange table. this is most likely going to be a BED most of the time but figured I'd make it pretty anyway in case I had GUESTS!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1727.jpg

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...icture1728.jpg

This is still very much a work in progress as I'm sure you can see but all in due time. so far I LOVE IT!!
Pretty and so cheerful ....... will make camping fun!
__________________
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
avfn's Avatar
 
Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Posts: 109
Registry
thanks! the paint went on that shiny... no buffing. I can't wait to take it out on it's maiden voyage for camping. still dont' have working lights. my friend is coming over sometime when he has a chance to figure out the electricity. I don't understand ANYTHING when it comes to that stuff :/
__________________

__________________
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making ice mcbrew General Chat 5 06-08-2011 08:51 PM
Making bunks scribbledot Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 6 04-01-2011 03:43 PM
Help- It's making me crazy! Legacy Posts General Chat 26 07-04-2003 09:22 PM
Making Bedding Legacy Posts Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 06-18-2003 12:07 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.